Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northwain

Problems with the gaming constantly downloading...

7 posts in this topic

I had all the retail files downloaded and did what I was supposed to do by putting the minimal client in the retail folder and wait for the Firestorm files to downgrade to this servers current patch. However, while in the game, it just constantly downloads files... It's almost as if the entire game is being downloaded again.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

1 hour ago, Northwain said:

I had all the retail files downloaded and did what I was supposed to do by putting the minimal client in the retail folder and wait for the Firestorm files to downgrade to this servers current patch. However, while in the game, it just constantly downloads files... It's almost as if the entire game is being downloaded again.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Okay I solved it. For anyone having similar problems, put the minimal client in the World of Warcraft main folder, not the _retail_ folder within the main folder that some people recommended and not the Battle.net folder either.

1 hour ago, Northwain said:

put the minimal client in the.....

this WILL cause problems later on too, esp when dealing with cross-realm stuff of collections tab and most mogs which are shared on whole FS acc. The dresser add-on as well in-game shop is customized to this server as well.

Full client is a 1 time pain but extremely worth it.

Edited by andyblast
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, andyblast said:

this WILL cause problems later on too, esp when dealing with cross-realm stuff of collections tab and most mogs which are shared on whole FS acc. The dresser add-on as well in-game shop is customized to this server as well.

Full client is a 1 time pain but extremely worth it.

What if this is your first toon on the Firestorm ecosystem? What problems outside of transmog, etc will you experience?

Edited by Northwain

36 minutes ago, Sartarius said:

Capture.PNG.51e82d12c78e6384b1c5434a676c7b64.PNG

Hypothetical's are the best.

They sure are. So, what's the answer?

The constant downloading suggests an incomplete or inconsistent game installation. Verify the minimal client placement again, ensure all Firestorm files have downgraded to the server's patch, and consider a full reinstall as a last resort. If the issue persists, seek support from Firestorm's community or official channels. Source: pikashow apk

Edited by dennissmith