CryptidMom

Cofusion when using the Firestorm launcher to download the DF Beta server

3 posts in this topic

Hello there! I'm incredibly new to Firestorm and I'm a bit confused on installing the Dragonflight Beta server with the launcher. Whenever I install it, it only downloads around 60 MB and then it just kinda... seems to freeze with the blue download bar at full. I do not have the full game installed, and want to know if that's possible to do with Dragonflight via the launcher. I'd download the full game file, but I don't have enough space to extract it on my external hard drive. I actually did try that at first before asking this, but I couldn't find a working way to delete files while extracting. I was able to play after downloading the minimal server, but I'd prefer to just get the full game installed ahead of time.

So, in summary: How do I download the full game for Dragonflight via the Firestorm Launcher?

Edited by CryptidMom

Hello @CryptidMom

Short answer, you cant.

If you want to use the full client you will need to make space to extract the file. While using the Launcher/minimal client it downloads resources in the back ground while playing, space is still required.

Best Regards,

Mythyrian

26 minutes ago, Mythyrian said:

Hello @CryptidMom

Short answer, you cant.

If you want to use the full client you will need to make space to extract the file. While using the Launcher/minimal client it downloads resources in the back ground while playing, space is still required.

Best Regards,

Mythyrian

Gotcha, gotcha. Thank you for the swift answer, (and being chill with the "newbie-who-doesn't-know-what-she's-doing" question as a lot of communities can be pretty harsh) I was so confused lol. I'll go ahead and grab the minimal one again, as it's the most accessible method for me and what I was able to play before asking was very fun. :3

Edited by CryptidMom
1 person likes this