Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bluqui

AddOns working? NO >:(

4 posts in this topic

Is very easy to install AddOns on the game, right?
You just need to drop the folder on Interface/AddOns : D

But when ive to open the game...
where is the "AddOns Botton"?

Well... idk

no nice peoples will say "Haha is cause ure in linux lmao"
but others mods works in others games perfectly here : )

Captura de tela de 2021-11-12 18-25-11.png

Captura de tela de 2021-11-12 18-27-29.png

I think I see the problem here,  You likely have folder in folder syndrome.   If you open up Icehud-1.33.10 you will see a single folder inside called "Icehud".   Drag that folder into the main AddOns folder.   FileRoller and other archivers often unpack zip files into a folder with the same name of the zip file.

How do you know if you have the right setup so WoW sees the AddOn?   Look for the .toc file in the AddOn folder.

Battle for Azeroth/Interface/AddOns/Folder_of_AddOn/AddOn_Name.toc

Example:  

Battle for Azeroth/Interface/AddOns/IceHud/IceHud.toc

A toc file with the AddOns name along with folders and lua files should be located immediately inside the AddOn folder. If you have this: Battle for Azeroth/Interface/AddOns/Icehud-1.33.10/IceHud/IceHud.toc,  then WoW will not see the AddOn.

See the attached screen shot of Bagnon as installed on my system.   My file manager's (Nemo) breadcrumb trail shows you the install path.  In the open folder you can see the Bagnon.toc

Screenshot from 2021-11-15 20-32-24.png

Edited by Kerou
2 people like this

9 hours ago, Kerou said:

I think I see the problem here,  You likely have folder in folder syndrome.   If you open up Icehud-1.33.10 you will see a single folder inside called "Icehud".   Drag that folder into the main AddOns folder.   FileRoller and other archivers often unpack zip files into a folder with the same name of the zip file.

How do you know if you have the right setup so WoW sees the AddOn?   Look for the .toc file in the AddOn folder.

Battle for Azeroth/Interface/AddOns/Folder_of_AddOn/AddOn_Name.toc

Example:  

Battle for Azeroth/Interface/AddOns/IceHud/IceHud.toc

A toc file with the AddOns name along with folders and lua files should be located immediately inside the AddOn folder. If you have this: Battle for Azeroth/Interface/AddOns/Icehud-1.33.10/IceHud/IceHud.toc,  then WoW will not see the AddOn.

See the attached screen shot of Bagnon as installed on my system.   My file manager's (Nemo) breadcrumb trail shows you the install path.  In the open folder you can see the Bagnon.toc

Screenshot from 2021-11-15 20-32-24.png

oh crap...
im so blinde
thanks, you save my life : D

im trying to add addons to my game but there is no folder to even do so. not even a interface folder. whats going on here?