Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VerneAsimov

[MoP][MW] Firestorm specific haste breakpoints

3 posts in this topic

Meeting a haste breakpoint as a Mistweaver is a big deal. For the most part, haste is fine... until you get one of those nasty 5% haste buffs. The buff incorrectly adds 5% haste when it should multiply haste by 5%. Because of this, you may find reforging for a breakpoint while accounting for that buff just won't work properly. So I did the math and wrote down the actual breakpoints in Google Sheets. Note that breakpoints might actually occur with a bit less haste.

RGcwAHh.png\

WHEN YOU REFORGE, REFORGE IN TIGER STANCE

I didn't finish it because I doubt someone will reach 10k+ haste without going full retard on haste (you don't want to sacrifice too much crit for haste). The first breakpoint still works at the normal amount presumably because the difference between the actual amount and normal amount is so small. For those interested, the math is fairly simple. Take the haste required %, subtract 5, divide by 1.5, and multiply that by 425. Equation: BP=(haste-5)*425/1.5, round to nearest integer.

And finally, I'm sure someone can find the exact breakpoint number but I'm lazy. This gets you close enough.

Edited by VerneAsimov

7864 or 6449 haste is easily doable with SoO gear. Getting any higher miiiight be possible but likely not worth it.

1 person likes this

Glad to say this but this post is now obsolete as the problem has been fixed!