Pringlezz

6 posts in this topic

I am having issues setting an avatar, it appears as though there is a CORS error when it's loading something in the background. Please see below for the specific error message.

Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://wow.zamimg.com/modelviewer/live/meta/character/nightelfmale.json' from origin 'https://firestorm-servers.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on

The source needs to be ur HDD & the format needs to be one of the common pic file formats. Also, u need to keep total size before cropping under the limit, limit is mentioned there while uploading.

4 hours ago, andyblast said:

The source needs to be ur HDD & the format needs to be one of the common pic file formats. Also, u need to keep total size before cropping under the limit, limit is mentioned there while uploading.

This would be true if there was an option, but this is for taking a photo of one of your characters on one of the servers. There isn't an option to upload. 

manage-my-avatar.thumb.png.bda72bd4e1fc3923a62f44268fc16d67.png

Please see the following link to reference where I am talking about: https://firestorm-servers.com/en/account/avatar

There would be a avatar pic in the blank grey square UNDER 1, if u have selected a char:

Untitled.png.32a8683314ff8f1acd26d4fba25ea31d.png

Also, the above rigmarole is for account pic, for the website account. Most people are more concerned with forum pic, for which there WOULD be an upload option

15 hours ago, andyblast said:

There would be a avatar pic in the blank grey square UNDER 1, if u have selected a char:

Untitled.png.32a8683314ff8f1acd26d4fba25ea31d.png

Also, the above rigmarole is for account pic, for the website account. Most people are more concerned with forum pic, for which there WOULD be an upload option

I did do exactly that, I am not an idiot, and happen to know quite a bit about web development, and while I am not most people, it is something I would like to do, so I wrote a post because it is important to me. I fail to see the point of any of your assertions thus far. 

I posted about it because it is something I'd like to do, and if I am not mistaken, the forums are a place for someone to mention an issue like this, and since there was not a bug or issue report section for the website, this made the most sense.  

Do you have nothing better to do or do you just like putting people down to feel better about yourself? If you don't have anything to actually contribute to solving the problem, then please just don't talk. I am reporting an issue and asking for help.