Waldok

[Report - Forums] Mieri

2 posts in this topic

Your character name: Jarrod

Staff member who you're reporting: Mieri

Where did the incident take place on: Forums

Date of incident: 05/07/23

Description & Evidence:

Good morning and sorry for disturbing with such an inappropriate request.

Recently, an exploit has been discovered by a few players of this community and a report has been made towards those specific players in order to get the issue fixed AND the players punished for it. 
We have patiently waited for feedback related to this issue and we have been informed that "if people will be found guilty, they will be severely punished". 

Yesterday afternoon, the person at fault has reviewed our reports and simply took the liberty to close the reports as "t is important to keep in mind that punishing everyone who may have used the bug is not always practical or fair". Now I don't want to be rude or to be a "smartass" ( pardon me for my language), but with a simple google search, this is what exploitation means: "Any attempt to earn a profit or popularity at the hands of a cruel action of another is considered exploitation. The act of exploiting an individual or an object is an illegal action". This might be just me but these 2 sentences make quite sense to me. Getting back to the issue, Mieri has considered that people that used the act of exploiting are not considered worthy of being punished in any way. 

This morning, I have been able to read the feedback that Mr. Mieri provided towards the 2 tickets that have been created, by simply copy/pasting the same text message, which got me a little tense.
Due to my short temper, I have taken the action of tagging mr. Mieri on the official FireStorm server for not taking the matter seriously enough. Mieri didn't hesitate to provide any sort of detailed information and dealt in a childish matter of simply removing me from the Firestorm Discord Server. 

I would like for the 2 tickets that have been created, to be reviewed, again by someone that might not be easily influenced. Mieri might be an outstanding administrator, but related to this very specific wrangle, he didn't show exceptional behaviour or thinking. 

Getting back to the answer Mieri has provided "punishing everyone who may have used the bug is not always practical or fair". Sounds pretty fair to me. You cheat? You get punished. Simply as that. If you want to have a good community, where cheating isn't allowed, punishment should applied regardless of the relationship or the wealth of some people joining the community. 

Mieri has shown lack of professionalism towards both issues ( tickets and dealing with me on discord). I might have pulled some strings or provoked him, but never brought injuries towards him or the server. I wish for my suspension from Discord to be lifted and and previously mentioned, Tickets to be reviewed, people to be punished and Mieri to be warned.

Thank you very much for your patience in reading this and excuse me for trying to make this community better.

Best Regards,

A humble player.

1 person likes this

Greetings, Humble Player.

Claiming that you poor little thing did nothing is far from being true.
Decisions are not done by me, I am the face of it, yes but the decision has come from a group of people deciding what's best for the players.

No, we are not covering anyone, no.
 - The exploit could have been done by everyone on the server, the fact that you were specifically targeting the ones on top of the ladder doesn't mean that there are no more of them. Look at the big picture, you or your group could have been also banned if we use the same logic. Not only that but those who did the same during low-level keys to get gear faster and there are so many possibilities that it's impossible for us to track everyone's misbehavior. Do you understand this? We are not speaking about the guys you reported but about everyone on the server. When we spoke about "fairness" we meant that will be fair if we ban everyone who had exploited it, not only the ones reported. Let me tell you one thing, that's impossible to track.

No, we are not childish, no, YOU are tho.
 - "Sheesh =)) everybody going silent XDXDXD. CASH IS KING, is that right MIERI?! XDXDXD" (Personal attacks)
 - "YT might be delighted of your handling skills" (Threats)
 - I will have this post screenshotted. We are aware of a few other exploits that we can use. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and not doing anything to the players involved. We've got the green light boys!!! (Confessing the knowledge of exploits but hiding them on purpose + confessing the future use)

Poor choice of words being an adult, right?
Very, very mature.

So to sum things up. I am not going to repeat myself and I am not going to tolerate personal attacks.
Next time I see you create drama on any of our platforms we won't hesitate to ban you from each of them, this is a warning.

And yes, you have been removed from Discord because you were targeting me and my job, insulting me in a very nasty way that I'm pretty sure you won't like to see if it would happen to your sister, your mother, or any of your loved ones while doing what they do in the best way they can given the circumstances.

Don't treat others in a way you don't want yourself to be treated.

This is a private server created to allow people to play without having to pay for a subscription. Here as anywhere else in the world, we try our best to give the community what they need in a range of possibilities, meaning that we will listen to you but not always the results may be the ones you are expecting, sadly.
We do understand your anger, but targeting specific people for it is not the correct way to go. This is after all a game and the people behind are working here as volunteers, meaning that they have to handle rants, insults and blame from people like you even if it's not their fault but a collective decision.

Take some time to think about it, take a deep breath, or go for a walk. I'm pretty sure that the real you would understand the situation if you take the time to put yourself in our shoes.

So I would advise you to stop the drama and keep playing on our servers in a peaceful way, we don't want to have to remove you because we understand that you have made friends here and enjoy your stay like everyone else on our servers.
Drama or personal attacks will only cause your account to get banned.

As a reminder: "Being on this server is a privilege which can be lost at any time, not a right to which you are entitled. Remember this in your interactions with other people."

Have a wonderful rest of the day.
Mieri, International Administrator.