mantiblades

Multiboxing should it be allowed?

5 posts in this topic

I have been playing W.O.W ever since it came out, I was a beta toon. I remember those days waiting up all night for everyone to show up for raids and they often were wasted hours many toons never logging on to join the raid after promising to do so only to leave you hanging. Thus often resulting into a drinking / fishing tournament i.e. if your toon catches a fish you have to do a shot and so does your toon so as your toons vision goes so does yours lol leaving many of us showing up to work the day after with hangovers.

I had a crew from work and we played a lot together but what I really enjoyed most of all was multiboxing mostly cause I can rely on myself when others would flake out of a dungeon run.

And I love the game so much but I rather play solo and take my time in a dungeon rather than to be rushed through or to have to rely on others .for help.

I see a lot of folks saying it's not fair that not everyone is capable of mutiboxing. Well all you need is 2 email accounts to register 2 different  accounts on the same server.

Open each account using the same game client on the same computer in two windows set up in windows mode at the same time.

Create a toon on each account log them both into the game then add them to each others friends list put one on auto follow till you get to your destination then click from one window to the other pending on what you want to do.

I was doing this on an old 4gig 4ram Pentium pc back in the day so it can be done you may need to update your video card. if there is too much lag..

So just because you didn't know how to set it up. Doesn't mean it can't be done. Many tutorial videos online to show you step by step.

Anyway I only  multiboxed  two toons at a time. but it's real nice to be able to send stuff to your other toons like mats, gold, extra gear and just to have extra banks space. I don't see any harm in that.

And it's nice to game on your own terms and not have to wait for another person who always has their own agenda at heart and never enough time for your own.

It really frees you up way more relaxing than dealing with others. I don't multibox on Firestorm cause it's not allowed but I really hope that changes.

And I know Blizzard doesn't allow it either but that's why I play on a free server now. I don't pay for gestapo restrictions. I hope this opens some of you up for multiboxing that have never tried it  There are other free servers out there that are ok with it if you want to give it a try and see what it's all about. Relax have fun enjoy yourselves 

Edited by mantiblades

Greetings @mantiblades

World of Warcraft has been and will always be a community game so sadly it can't be played solo. however, there are some instances you can do solo.
We do allow multi-boxing but to a degree:
- You may not do current PvE and PvP instances while multi-boxing.
- You may not herb/mine etc while making use of multi-boxing.
- You may not use multi-boxing to gain an advantage over any player that is only playing with one character.

Stay within these guidelines and we won't have any issues.

Best Regards
Echo

On 2/15/2023 at 4:09 AM, Ech0 said:

Greetings @mantiblades

World of Warcraft has been and will always be a community game so sadly it can't be played solo. however, there are some instances you can do solo.
We do allow multi-boxing but to a degree:
- You may not do current PvE and PvP instances while multi-boxing.
- You may not herb/mine etc while making use of multi-boxing.
- You may not use multi-boxing to gain an advantage over any player that is only playing with one character.

Stay within these guidelines and we won't have any issues.

Best Regards
Echo

I to multiboxed 10 accounts retail for years, and what you are saying is no multiboxing allowed at all. When pve content is being played solo it should be allowed, i mean when i am playing content by myself right? but you are saying no, so I am curious as to what situations is it allowed, when standing in oribos only ?? I miss multiboxing and not having to deal with unsavory players lets just say ......
P.S. Round Robin multiboxing is what i mean as well to be clear, one key action per one game at a time.....

Edited by MrNiceguy101
to clarify

Greetings @MrNiceguy101

You are allowed to do older content., while mulitboxing, just not CURRENT CONTENT.

Best Regards
Echo

I'm aware that Blizzard does not permit it either, but I currently play on a free server instead. Gestapo restrictions are not mine to pay for. I hope some of you who have never tried multiboxing are now interested in it. If you want to try it and see what it's all about, there are other free servers that are acceptable of it. Enjoy yourself, unwind, and have fun.