perillacristiandavid@gmail

GAME FREEZE AFTER 8.3.7

3 posts in this topic

I have a problem here since your patch release. My system was running the game fine up until that point. Hardware is Ryzen 2200G, GTX 1050ti, 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz - I have reinstalled Nvidia drivers, no change, reinstalled the game, also no change, ran the game off of Vega 8 IGPU, the same thing still occurs with up to date drivers.
Here’s a rundown of what is happening and how it can be recreated a lot of the time:

Upon starting the game, everything works fine and you wouldn’t know any difference. Once you attempt to open either the character screen, mounts/pets panel or transmog collection page(basically anything with a 3D character model involved or even just walking around without anything else) the game stutters for a second and then freezes for 5-10 seconds. During this time the following happens: GPU/CPU usage drop to idle levels: both being between 0 and 5%. RAM utilisation jumps up by 200-1000MB. CPU usage jumps back up after a few seconds then another 2-3 seconds after that, the game stutters and starts to run normally again. I don’t think it’s area specific as it happened to me in Boralus, Silithus(hopefully spelt right!!), Uldum and Valley of the eternal flower, generally in any place it happens. They are not plugins, I have restarted the interface, cleared cache and WTF, and practically configured from scratch every plugin and the freeze is still happening. I have also denied the Hotfix notes blog (which many blizzard users also gave it as a possible temporary solution) but it has not worked either.
Temperatures during this time are way below thermal throttling with around 65-70C on the 2200G and no higher than 71c on the 1050Ti. I don't know if this is a topic you are looking at but can you stop asking everyone to update their drivers and remove this and that. If you need any more information then please ask me and i will provide all i can, I am testing with DX11 Legacy according to blizzard users, they have given it as a temporary solution but this has cost me between 40-55 fps lost, especially in bolarus.

I look forward to your prompt response.

Ok, I have the exact same thing and i will try to help you with what i can.

First, Firestorm can't do anything about that. It's not a server problem, but a blizzard problem. In 8.3 on retail, the game suffered from memory leak and this has been fixed. But in 8.3.7 the problem come back for a lot of people and he was not fixed. In SL, that's seems ok.

Like you say, using DX11 legacy was the temporary solution but it's shitty as f**k. If, in 8.2, you used the DX 11, i recommend you to use DX12 if you can. For some people that's fixed the problem. In my case, i can't use DX12 and for a week i was not able to play the 8.3.7 cause of big freeze. But, after lot of research, i can now play with DX11 and my normal FPS with very rare freezes.

• N° 1 : You need to disable the "Talking head box", you can do that with the addon "BeQuiet", or leatrix.
  • N° 2 : If you use RareScanner (or others addon like that), you need to disable the 3d model in the pop up
  • N° 3 : You need to disable addon like "Immersion" and "Storyline"
  • N° 4 : If you use Addon to custom your UI, you need to disable any 3D portrait
  • N° 5 : You need to not open any panels like Tmogs/mounts etc. If you do and you don't freeze, continue to play, but if you freeze you need to restart the game.

To use your character screen without freeze, you can use the command " /run CharacterModelFrame:Hide(); " . I recommend you to make a macro with that and use when you log in. You can reverse by changing "Hide" in "View". 

If you freeze, you need to close the game, wait a few seconds to clean memory, and restart. Victory windows of island expedition and BG can freeze too but it's rare for me.

I know, it's not good.. But, that's let me play and i freeze/crash rarely since all this things.

Hope this can help you, or other people with the same issues. 

1 person likes this

Archiving this topic.

If this issue persists please make another topic here or if you require support with any technical issue please make a ticket here