Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vmra

State of PvP on Sethraliss?

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, new guy here

I am considering to start playing on Firestorm and I am mainly PvP player, so I was wondering what is state of PvP here? I see there is enough people playing on BFA realm (5k ppl max) so there must be some PvP community here to help me answer. My questions are:

What faction is more PvP oriented Ally or Horde? (PvP guilds, BGs wins)

Are rated BGs implemented here?

Are arena skirmishes alive for casual playing?

Rated arena 2s & 3s brackets, is it difficult to find partners for it? (Also is it overfulled with donors as some forums topics claims here and is that problem?)

PvP bugs and overall viability, is there some major bugs that makes PvP awfull like some exploits and some classes unplayable?

7 hours ago, Vmra said:

What faction is more PvP oriented Ally or Horde? (PvP guilds, BGs wins)

I would definetly say that Horde is superior in PvP especially in BGS but alliance is far behind. In Arenas i would say Alliance.

7 hours ago, Vmra said:

Are rated BGs implemented here?

They're implemented but pretty bugged. Also no queues. (By bugged i mean, if you're about to lose you can just leave game and lose no rating and the winner team gets no rating either). RBG History on Website doesn't work, so it can't be checked if people actually wintrade or not.

7 hours ago, Vmra said:

Are arena skirmishes alive for casual playing?

Yes, Skirmishes are alive.

7 hours ago, Vmra said:

Rated arena 2s & 3s brackets, is it difficult to find partners for it? (Also is it overfulled with donors as some forums topics claims here and is that problem?)

2s are playable until some MMR/CR, after that its pretty hard and you'll most likely get farmed without having donor gear. Well except you and your mate are skilled and have some high xp (even then its hard) or if you encounter a bad donor player. 

3s are dead and no queues and are pretty rare.

7 hours ago, Vmra said:

PvP bugs and overall viability, is there some major bugs that makes PvP awfull like some exploits and some classes unplayable?

PvP overall is pretty fine and fun. No major bugs from what I've seen. Well there are some classes (specs) that aren't really viable in arena, if you see them they're most likely low mmr/cr.

People actually always go for meta classes/specs and are top ladder.

Edited by SlumiiX

I have to agree with everything Pikachu said. 
If youre coming with a friend, and you are both experienced high rated, youre gonna have some fun in arenas. 
If not, youre gonna struggle, theres a lot of donators in arenas, and in top ranks, theres 99% of them. 
Regarding the bugs, there are only few of them, mostly glitches known only to few players, so pretty much no worries ( except the worst pvp essence dmg scaling ever seen like 150k flames hits ).

Can you pls name specs that arent viable in arena. I am planning to play ret pala or UH DK as my main and maybe destro wlock also if i will have time