Sam

Finding The Quests You Have Finished in a Chain

2 posts in this topic

This guide will teach you how to finish chain quests without suffering. Many players who struggle with chain quests actually miss one quest. Then, they struggle not knowing what to do. The solution is simple. You just need to find or remember the name of one of the quests in the chain. After that, use wowhead to find it. Then, use the following macro on each quest id in the chain, and it will let you know if the quest is complete (true) or incomplete (false):

/run print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(quest-id))

You can acquire the quest id (which is a number) from the wowhead link:

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=quest-id

For example, let us say I was doing the Nazjatar chain quest and I dropped a quest. Though, the server crashed and I have lost the quest name. What I need to do is use my favorite search engine to find one of the quests. So, after searching, I now know that "Up Against It" is one of those quests in the chain. I can use the search engine to find it by using "Up Against It wowhead" or I can query the name of the quest on wowhead, directly. After navigating into the quest:

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=56644/up-against-it

I can see that there are quests before and after it. Now, let me see if I have finished this quest or not:

/run print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(56644))

If I get the message "true" then I have done it, and I need to use the macro above on the following quests. Where the Road Leads is the next quest:

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=55175/where-the-road-leads

I use the quest id (55175) on the macro, to see if I have done it or not. If I get the message "false" then I have not finished this quest, yet. So, I go on wowhead and I click the name of the NPC that gives the quest (on Start: ), and find where that NPC is. Then, I go to that NPC and acquire the quest. That is it.

Now, let us assume that the first macro reported "false" instead of true. That means I have to go backwards (previous quests) until I find the last quest that I have done (where the message would be true).

Note: If you cannot find the quest on the NPC, check your quest logs and make sure the quest is not there.

Edited by Sam
2 people like this

I would like to add if I may, You can also use on Sethraliss (BFA) a command ".quest help #ID" ID must be taken from Wowhead as you've explained in your thread. This command output the requirements that must be done to get the quest of ID you search for (reputation, a previous quest that has to be completed, if you're able to get the quest as it might be other faction, etc..) Just additional info that If you have already rewarded the quest or you have the quest active at that time it will say: "You're already on this quest"

Executive Game Master Hreyo

International Firestorm Staff

3 people like this