Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Otacon

security Securing a Firestorm Account

1 post in this topic

9RnwotT.png

Securing a Firestorm Account

HEm0UGH.png

In this topic, we are going to show you some steps that you need to follow to secure your Firestorm Account in order to not get scammed or hacked in any way. Please read it carefully and make sure to follow every step, for your own good.

HEm0UGH.png

1447180378-img-content-authenticator.jpg

Step one: Add an Authenticator.

Two-Step-Verification (2fA) is extremely important and we highly recommend that you activate it since it will be so difficult for the hackers to access your account if it's activated.

• How to activate it:
    • Open your Authenticator Overview page.
    • Click on "Activate my Authenticator" but if it's green then that means it's activated.
    • Download Authy which is the best Authenticator for Firestorm. You can read more about it here.
    • Once it's downloaded, scan the QA barcode provided or add the code manually then you will be asked to enter the code that Authy provides in your Firestorm Account.
    • When the Authenticator is activated, you will be asked for the Security Code to access our servers.
    • Remember to download your recovery codes in case you lose your phone, etc.

Note: Once you have registered your account with us, you will need to verify your registration and your account will be created. A verification e-mail will be sent to your e-mail address. It's highly recommended for the security of your account that you validate the verification e-mail since if your account is not validated, whoever has the password can change the account email or even the password.

HEm0UGH.png

Step two: Use a strong Password.

• Make sure to use a mix of numbers, letters and symbols.
  • You can use a phrase that's made up of multiple words but make sure it's easier for you to remember and harder for others to guess.
  • Don't use that password for any other accounts.
  • If you can't remember well, don't save it in a place that other people can find.

HEm0UGH.png

Step three: Make sure to Secure your PC / Laptop.

• Scan your computer for malware, keyloggers and viruses.
  • Keep your operating system updated since your PC / Laptop may miss some critical security updates.
  • Make sure that you're the only one who use that PC / Laptop if possible.

HEm0UGH.png

Step four: Friends and Family?

Sharing your Firestorm Account or any other accounts with your Friends or Family is not really great. Authenticators and Passwords are being called by that for a reason, that means DON'T share them with your Friends or Family because doing so may put your account in danger.

• Make sure to Log out of your account or lock the PC / Laptop when you step away from it.
  • Don't let your Friends or Family know your password or the location of your Authenticator.

HEm0UGH.png

Additional (Important) Information:

• Don't share your account information with anyone.
  • Make sure to validate your E-mail address on Firestorm.
  • Never click on unknown links to avoid hacks, etc.
  • Staff members (Administrators, Game Masters, Moderators, etc.) will NEVER ask for your account information.
  • You have to know that your account is your responsibility.

HEm0UGH.png

FAQ:

• Question: I lost my Authenticator and the Recovery codes, what can i do?
    • Answer: You can contact any Administrator on Discord and before solving it for you, they will ask you a few questions.
  • Question: Someone hacked my account and deleted my characters, items and used my gold, etc.
    • Answer: As for your characters, you can restore it on the Firestorm Shop. As for your gold and items, etc., nothing we can do about them since according to our policies; Your account is your responsibility.
  • Question: Someone stole my account, what can i do?
    • Answer: According to our policies; we can't do anything about it since your account is you responsibility however you can contact any Administrator on Discord and they will ask you a few questions then MAYBE they will restore it.

HEm0UGH.png

Regards,
Firestorm Staff Team.

HEm0UGH.png

1 person likes this