Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
masa420

[Declined] Downgrading/Upgrading [Launcher]

4 posts in this topic

Title: Downgrading/Upgrading

Type: Launcher

Description: 

Hello there! Well yesterday was my first day in the servers and I got the chance to try out the new Legion open beta, but after a while I thought I might prefer a more developed and stable version of the game so I decided to go to WoD, the thing is the process is kind of dumb because the launcher won't actually let you downgrade or upgrade any game files that are being used by a different part of the launcher, so I had to change the directory for Legion so that the actual game directory was left unused and was able to start the downgrade. The most annoying part of this process is that my launcher now starts the Legion download every time I open it and there is no way of cancelling this! So in the end I had to reinstall the launcher. My suggestion here is that you create some kind of option which will let you downgrade or upgrade the game client you are using at any time and without all this messy mess, and also a way of putting a full stop to launcher downloads. Thanks for your time, I hope this is helpful!

The reason why the launcher downloads Legion every time you start it is probably because you forgot to click on Legion, click on Settings and then click on Uninstall Game. Your game files will not be deleted after you have clicked on Uninstall Game, but the launcher will not keep track of them or allow you to log in on the expansion until you have pressed download and selected a new game folder or the same folder.  

3 hours ago, masa420 said:

without all this messy mess

Lol. Messy mess made me laugh. Thanks I needed that today.

23 hours ago, Lagdyret said:

The reason why the launcher downloads Legion every time you start it is probably because you forgot to click on Legion, click on Settings and then click on Uninstall Game. Your game files will not be deleted after you have clicked on Uninstall Game, but the launcher will not keep track of them or allow you to log in on the expansion until you have pressed download and selected a new game folder or the same folder.  

I see, thank you :)