Blatancy

74 Prot Twink

1 post in this topic

Howdy All its Blatancy the Insane again :)  another paladin guide coming at you.

So I did my Level 90 PvP Retribution Paladin Guide, and now I am jumping into level 74 Protection Twinking.  seems like everyone has a level 74 prot paladin twink, yet no one seems to be really trying to excel at it.  all i see are stamina stacking tanks with 30k hp who get dumped on by my twink in seconds.  so here we go, 74 prot done right:

70 or 74:

Spoiler

70 gets better boost from stats.

74 gets better scaling, and less need for hit/expertise. 70s have a harder time hitting 74s, 74s get Avenging Wrath.  74s can make more use of professions and gems/enchants

74 is better.

Talents: as before this is set up the way i prefer it, though i find this works so much better than any other setup i have tried at 74

Spoiler

Level 15: Speed of Light  as a protection paladin at 74 you WILL have people running from you, this is fantastic for chasing them down.

Level 30: Evil is a Point of View  Fear <3  grat for getting the dps off your healer in 2s, great for making annoying runts go away until you are ready to beat the taste out of thier mouths.  absolutely essential at 70-74 bracket

Level 45: Selfless Healer  This right here is where i see so many people screwing up thier potential output.  selfless healer is your many source of healing.  (glyphs will explain more)

Level 60: Clemency other perks are useless and its anti CC utility

Glyphs: 

Spoiler

MAJOR: ok this right here is one of the most important parts of twinking a 74 paladin and getting the most out of it. in my personal opinion both of these are absolutely essential

Glyph of Harsh Words  (link says holy only, thats a later patch, its all spec in 5.4.8)  3 stacks and i can hit full pvp players over 10k with ease.  this is one of your top damage spells.  absolutely beast

Glyph of Focused Shield  this right here makes Avenger's Shield absolutely DEVASTATING  yes it makes it hit only 1 person but 30% extra damage means i can hit over 15k crits.  this right here makes AS your most powerful spell.  this and harsh words makes the basic move order absolutely over powered  

MINOR: really, pick what you want.  personally i use these:

Glyph of the Mounted King - that way i dont have to rebuff ever.

Glyph of Contemplation - looks cool xD

Gear/Enchants/Gems/Professions

PROFESSIONS:  one i consider essential the other i recommend 

Spoiler

Engineering 100% essential  

Charged Titanium Specs , Sonic Booster,  Hyperspeed AcceleratorsGnomish Lightning Generator   seriously engineering takes an already beast class and makes it a monster 

JewelCrafting: recommended

Better gems, less reliance on other players  better stats

ARCHAEOLOGY: doesnt have to be on the paladin, but needs to be on the account 1 reason:

Nifflevar Bearded Axe  THE best weapon ANY class can get for 74.  on a protadin, its a thing to be feared

GEAR: 

Spoiler

if it is not a profession item like helm, trinkets, weapon it NEEDS to be Brutal Gladiator's Scaled gear, for wrist belt etc take crit over anything else

the reason is simple.  at 74 pvp resilience beats the taste out of a tiny boost to other stats, AND the pvp gear comes with crit, and THAT is what we want at 74. the PVE set has better stats, more gem slots BUT the set bonus is USELESS in pvp, you sacrifice pvp survival for a MINOR stat boost. (and not the stats you should want either)

GEMS/ENCHANTS

Spoiler

META: Chaotic Skyflare Diamond  site sats 21+ crit, its 42+  needs 3 red gems to work.  and thats fucking fantastic because thats EXACTLY how many red sockets you have

RED: Bold Cardinal Ruby  +20 Strength you need 3 of them.  

EVERY SINGLE OTHER GEM SLOT: Smooth King's Amber   +40 Crit   "BUT BLATANCY YOU SAID HASTE IS UBER 1337!!1!1111!!!"  it is at 90.  at 74 in gear stacking crit on a prot is the way to go.  i RARELY have to wait for the short cooldown on judge or wrath  because shit dies fast when i hit it.  the crit makes a MASSIVE difference here.  

ENCHANTS: Belt Buckle from Blacksmithing, if you can get crit in a slot GET IT.  if not haste / strength / stats

weapon enchant: Windsong  increase haste or mastery or crit randomly chosen, mastery is nonexistant at 74, BUT that haste/crit boost is fucking awesome.  

General Things to Pay Attention to:

Spoiler

1. my burst macro

/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Devotion Aura
/use Brutal Gladiator's Scaled Gauntlets   <---engineering enchant

2. there are quests in venture bay in Grizzly hills at 74 that give honor and they are dailies.  DO THEM 200+ honor per day adds up fast.

3. Seal of Truth or delete your paladin.  Insight doesnt do shit in pvp and if you are playing right you dont need it.

My BASIC health deletion rotation:

Spoiler

Avengers Shield > Judgement > Holy Wrath > Crusader Strike > AS again IF Grand Crusader procs, IF NOT i like to Judge 1 more time for 3 holy power > Word of Glory > hammer of wrath IF needed

no cooldowns and this usually out right kills people, with cooldowns it DELETES shit

i use cooldowns when its 2v1 or more against me.  makes it so easy to delete everyone.

Protection Paladin is the most overpowered class at 74.  seriously this class is BROKEN over powered.  Deletes EVERYTHING in sight with EASE.   

i love my paladin twink.  

Cheers,

DV Blatancy the Insane

CLICK ME!!