Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chivemran

BFA 8.2 possible update fix

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

For all whom the wow.exe was only showing up in task-manager I have a solution that worked for me. I simply started wow roughly 5 times and let it sit in the taskmanager without closing any of the previous wow.exe files. I think one of the wow.exe would have gotten lucky and downloaded the patch details. Hope this helps. 

Edited by chivemran

This is usually the method that ends up working for me. As you can see some of the clients have a network usage of 0.00MB basically no internet being used and some of them are around 4MB. I hope this helps. I'll update you guys if it ends up working for me. 

wowfirestorm.PNG

Edited by Nicholas
EDIT: So I read on another post using a VPN and setting it to the U.S. or Canada will help with connecting to the Firestorm (French) server to download the update. It works for me now but I am not sure if that was 100% the reason that it worked.

It worked, thanks a lot, I struggled with it for almost 10 hours, it was enough to start a dozen clients (approx 10-15) and the update was downloaded in less than 20 minutes.