Providing a fix to 8.2 issues

Sam
By Sam in Forum's Archive,
I have seen many threads with players having issues connecting to the to BfA realm after the update. From observation, the main issue lies in the Firestorm streaming server and streaming component. What you need to do is try from time to time. Go to the task manager and kill the wow.exe file and start over then monitor the download speed. If you see no data downloaded within five minutes, you can start over. I have personally sniffed one of the links that my client was downloading and attempted to download it using a download manager. It got interrupted five times (26mb only). I have managed to connect into the game, eventually. I want to provide a simple patch for you guys until Firestorm solves the issue. Sadly, I did not know about the update, so I did not backup the client. I am looking for any player who is a bit tech savvy and willing to make an effort to solve his issue. You will have to back up your game client first (~56GB+ folder). I will provide you with a patch (around 900MB) that you will apply to the main folder and some means for verification. If anyone is interested, please let me know in here. P.S. It would better if any junior staff member is involved with this, so it is official. Also, if I anyone has both clients (pre and post 8.2 content update), I can assist you in creating much smaller patch/update.  
  • 7 replies