Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jessuh

[Wod] Dissonance Unholy Guide

8 posts in this topic

Hello, and welcome to my second guide, Unholy Death Knight Guide, I hope you'll like it. :)
Talents:
Tier 1 - Plague Leech, it restores 2 of your runes, in some situations, can be a life saver, and in others can be a securing kill ability for example, your runes are off cd and your enemy is dying, you don't have runes for Strangulate and you see their partner casting, you simply use it and silence their healer and slay the enemy!

Tier 2 - Lichborne on most cases, however in 3's if facing heavy magic damage teams, I suggest always to use Anti Magic Zone, and even on 2's if you face double magic dps, I suggest using Anti Magic Zone, even if facing a warlock, trust your healer to dispel the fears and use Anti Magic zone!

Tier 3 - On most cases I use Asphyxiate for the extra stun, also provides a lot of pressure from your side on the enemy team, however if versing Warriors or Rogues, I suggest using Chillblains, to make as much peels as you can for your partner, and increase your partners survivability.

Tier 4 - Blood Tap. Why? Because it gives you an on demand rune whenever you have 5 stacks or more.

Tier 5 - Death Pact for Arenas, Death Siphon for BGs/duels, the reason you don't wanna use Death Siphon, is because on late dampening, let's say like 30% or 50%, it becomes pretty much useless.

Tier 6 - Desecrated Ground, not much to say here, we all know why we want that one. ;D

Tier 7 - Necrotic Plague, the reason for Necrotic plague is because it fits perfectly with your mastery, also gives you a HUGE split pressure damage and so much pressure on your enemy team.

Glyphs: 
Major Glyph - Glyph of Empowerment. Why? Because it gives us 30% hp! More Overpoweredness! (Non exchangeable for any other glyph!)

Major Glyph - Glyph of Icy Runes/Glyph of Strangulate. If using talent Asphyxiate, you want to go with Icy runes, why? Because people are afraid of us and they try to escape us! That makes spamming Chains of Ice profitable! If using Chillblains, go for Glyph of Strangulate, because 7 seconds silence is overpowered :D

Major Glyph - Glyph of Icy Touch (Most important glyph for dks) Blizzard gave us more opness! We can now dispel the annoying priest shields! and other helpful buffs our enemies get!

Minor Glyph - Glyph of Death's Embrace, this one is the best Minor glyph and the only one I pretty much use. It refunds 20 Runic Power if we use our Death Coil to heal ourselves or our pet.

Stats & Stats Priority:
Mastery : Increases ALL of our Shadow Damage done by X%.

Multi Strike : Grants us a chance to deliver an extra attack or heal for 30% of the normal value.

Haste : Increases our attack speed and rune regeneration.

Priority : 
Mastery > Multistrike > Haste.

Enchants:Mastery on neck, cloak and rings. Rune of the Fallen Crusade on your weapon.

Arena Compositions: You want any healer that can purge/dispel e.g Resto Shamans / Disc Priests.
Why? Because you want them to dispel shields/protective buffs so your diseases can deal the max they can, and if you want to hardswap, you won't be needing to worry about wasting runes to dispell.

Macros :  

/Cast [@focus] Death Grip

/Cast [@focus] Chains of Ice

/Cast [@focus] Strangulate

/Cast [@focus] Mind Freeze

/Castsequence [@focus] Leap, Gnaw

#show Lichborne
/cancelaura Lichborne

/Cast !Lichborne
/Cast [@player] Death Coil

#show Festering Strike
/cast Blood Tap
/Cast Festering Strike

#show Scourge Strike
/cast Blood Tap
/Cast Scourge Strike

/petattack
/petattack
/Cast Gnaw

/petattack
/petattack
/Cast [@focus] Gnaw

/Cast [@pet] Death Coil

/cast Leap

/Cast [@focus] Leap

/Cast [@focus] Dark Simulacrum

Macros for focusing your enemies:
/focus - if you target your enemy and use this it will focus that enemy
/focus [target=mouseover] - if you mouseover your enemy and press this, it will focus this enemy
/focus arena1

/focus arena2

/focus arena3

Burst Macro:
/Cast Summon Gargoyle
/Cast Primal Gladiator's Badge of Victory

Basic tip from me, when playing in arenas, you ALWAYS want to put diseases on both of your targets, applying pressure on both the healer and the dps, and you always want to apply Dark Simulacrum on the healer to steal one of it's helpful spells. (If you wanna troll you can do bgs get a paladin to low hp and use it, the paladin will bubble and you will steal that spell. Works for mages also Blink/Iceblock) always funny to see.
Also if your enemies are under 45% ALWAYS apply Soul Reaper on them, and if your enemy healer goes low, while the dps is below 40%, apply Soul Reaper to the dps and switch on the priest pressure the priest not to heal the dps and heal itself and watch his partner drop.

That's it for my Unholy Guide, I made it simple and basic, if you wish to learn further or have any questions,requests or anything, feel free to always PM me on forums or PM one of my characters Milady & Dissonance both of them are Alliance, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you very much for taking your time reading this, if you like this guide, please comment below, like and subscribe :D

My setup -

EB9nJsb.jpg

Edited by Alan
4 people like this

Great Job! Like it. :'D
Thinking to level up a DK , Now! :33

Amazing guide make rogue next and I'll pick it up to play withchu jess

Edited by Dalv

Nice to see good guide :)

Thank you guys for all the support <3.

1 person likes this

Great guide but you gotta upload another guide on how you keep your hair so silky ! what do you use for it ?

you should state that this is a PVP dk guide....pretty much useless for PVE,

but great guide btw, really detailed and simplified for the common non-dk folks

Edited:  ## ops didn't see the hashtag... :/

Edited by amihay1

Thanks for your comment and yes, my next guide will state in the topic that is a pvp guide aswell. :)