Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zale

Ele shammy

13 posts in this topic

i think ele sham needs  to be buffed or fixed from my eyes it looks like mastery doesnt work and in this patch thats the stat the gives 100% of the dmg in this spec.

from all the groups ive been in ive yet see one hit over 80k heroics 90% of the time they are in the low 60s even 50.

- path of flame isnt working how it should its not dotting other enemys.

- mastery isnt working so our passives dont work making our 2 main dps skills useless cuz they dont proc for a 2nd attack.

- primal elementalist doesnt work how it should makes it so our elements dont run out timers like they should both last till they are killed 50% of the time they just stand around not attacking so its not helpful 

over all i thnk the ele spec needs a buff or fix mastery asap 

Ele now is quite a joke. When I came here I thought I would play it, but after going through one normal.... NOPE I did even less dmg, than enha shaman with about 780 ilvl (I had like 806) in most of the fights (I had around 50-90k dps he had 60-120, in only few fights I was able to outDPS him) at that point I was like WTF I have to do something about it.

So I tried to play a little bit with talents, try to find a combination that would work best (here). After some changes I managed to get about 20ish % boost (don't remember the exact number) when testing on dummies in OG. But just for fun I also tried to build enha and it is SO MUCH better. You have better DPS, much higher burst damage and what is maybe most important, when I played as (upgraded version) ele I felt kind of overwhelmed with how many timers and priorities I have to keep in mind. As enha dmging feels much more fluid and comfortable.

A little comparison (OG dummy single target)

shamandps.png

• +1 button in ele build is Totem Mastery (so at the beginning and maybe if you need to move a lot)
  • Eq is same for both tests, the only difference is artefact. Here it's also important to note, that one my trinkets is +INT (so no benefit on enha)
  • Artefact ranks are all active including those from relics

So conclusion, if you want to play DPS shaman ==> enha is the only way atleast for now. It's much less stressful and more fluid/comfortable gameplay and even when having worse gear (trinket case) / smaller artefact level you will still be able to easily do more dps (~21% in my case). And maybe even my Enha talents could be optimized for better performance. The enha build I use was my first try and I didn't try to test other combinations.

hi all, to answer your questions, i play elemental shaman as main spec and main pg, i am also CM for Shamans.

atm most on the talents and pvp honor talents are working great, Mastery is perfect, u can see this on recount and on combat log (will show lightning overload, lava burst overload and chain lightning overload)

almost all traits are working great exept of golden oneces and few others.

as dps, i can tell u that elemental shamans is perfectly viable atm, on mithyc dungeons i have like 200k final dps, single target with 300+k dps burst.

for the stat priority, i can say that on this patch u have to go for crit>haste>=mstery versa

in 7.1.5 will depend on witch spec do u want to go (ascendance, icefury or lightning rod)

for who wants to try elmental i can say that, impo the est spec atm is=

1earthen rage

2 ancestral swiftness

3 primal elementalist 

4 elemental mastery

5 ascendance

atm is my spec and i can reach a good dps single target with this, just go on with your artifact and u will se that your dps will go better and better :)

regards,

if u need more information u can contact me ingame or on discord

1 person likes this

how are you pulling so much i have the same build as you but and i cant even pull over 100k in mythics with ele i call BS 

I dont know what to say...i am ilvl 842 and 23 traits on my wep..the ascendance build is simple to use...my opener is: lava burst...flameshock...pop everything(bl..elemental...ascendance) spam ONLY lava burst (dont use earth shock whilw ascendancr active) then stormkeeper and lightning bolt (usualy i am lucky and can use lightning bolt with earthshock ot with lava surge proc)...but i think my  secret...if i can tell secret are the trinkets...i have the one dropped by the 2nd boss of eoa...that activate the mastrry buff...and the int+mastery from world quest) with the trinket proc and everything popped lava burst hits 243k and overload almost 200k

Since update #22 fixed Earthen Rage and I admit I didn't really believed to what Monkabbestia claimed I decided to waste few hours of my life to test some builds (enha + ele). After trying 8 ele builds and 6 enha builds I have to say, that ele is now in much better condition than month ago. While it's still not enha level of good it's definitely competitive, there are many classes that are in much worse shape, than ele shaman.

Setting: OG raiding dummy - single target - mostly 3-4 min tests (generally to go through whole CD cycle)

shamanDPS.png

Both specs are nearly same eq and artifact lvl. While enha has slightly higher dps it's melee so it takes longer before you can start dmging and melees are generally more exposed to danger. On the other side enhas have no casting and can move while fighting without losing any dps. 

So my conclusion for now would be, that Monkabbestias 200k+ dung dps claim seems reasonable considering what I have seen + this test. Also after update #22 ele/enha seems to be much more about personal taste. I'll stay as enha since it's more natural playstyle for me, but being ele doesn't put you at any disadvantage.

*Also fire elemental is underrated
** While testing, I have also noticed, that when you fck up rotation as ele your DPS seems to suffer much more, than when you're enha. Which will be because a lot of ele dmg is bound to longer cooldown/talent spells and good usage of these is really key to be successful ele shaman.

1 person likes this

Really good tests tomulus..i want to thank u for that! I never say that ele is better then enha...and is corect that if elemental do comething wrong or must miss 1 spell wile is doing his rotation suffers a lot...some time my dps drops under 150k because of the movement...but this is normal and almost all casters suffers because of this..i can make the exemple of the 2 boss in MoS dungeon...there is a lot of "switch-target" and if u are unlucky to take all the spears on yous head your dps will drop a lot...but with a bit practice u can do well in every situation...

I play ele shaman at ilvl 829 and 1 relic 805. It does 200k easily and 250+ in single target. And 300+ while doing aoe with burst, artifact talent, bloodlust, etc.. so it doesn't seem that bad. I use the icefury build i don't like ascendence.

People say that enchancment is top dps but ele shaman is a lot cooler. So many colors and effects lol. 

Enha sham is very weak, with 2212122 talents (which seem to the best one currently) ilvl 845, artifact 830 / 19 I have maybe around 250-260k burst and 190-200k sustained dps (when no downtime is involved / without bloodlust) which is very weak compared to DH/DK/Druid/Rogue (well, at this point compared to anything really) who can do twice enhas dps with much worse items. While most of classes had positive bugs after 7.1.5 increasing their dps (I had my 109 guardian druid crit mob with moonfire for 20.1M dmg), enha is exact opposite, none of it's spells work correctly decreasing dps (well now it can atleast generate maelstrom again).

As for ele... 250k+ single target? burst maybe, sustained no, trying both ascendance/icefury ilvl 844, artifact 829 / 14 I can get around 180-190k sustained dps and I saw Monkabbestia/Toroseduto do about 205k and he has ~850ilvl. Which again is very weak compared to other dps.

I have even had people laughing at me for even trying to play enha shaman. The only relevant spec currently is resto and seeing shaman bugtracer even resto is going to be nerfed soon with bugfix of Tidal Waves

8 hours ago, Tomulus said:

Enha sham is very weak, with 2212122 talents (which seem to the best one currently) ilvl 845, artifact 830 / 19 I have maybe around 250-260k burst and 190-200k sustained dps (when no downtime is involved / without bloodlust) which is very weak compared to DH/DK/Druid/Rogue (well, at this point compared to anything really) who can do twice enhas dps with much worse items. While most of classes had positive bugs after 7.1.5 increasing their dps (I had my 109 guardian druid crit mob with moonfire for 20.1M dmg), enha is exact opposite, none of it's spells work correctly decreasing dps (well now it can atleast generate maelstrom again).

As for ele... 250k+ single target? burst maybe, sustained no, trying both ascendance/icefury ilvl 844, artifact 829 / 14 I can get around 180-190k sustained dps and I saw Monkabbestia/Toroseduto do about 205k and he has ~850ilvl. Which again is very weak compared to other dps.

I have even had people laughing at me for even trying to play enha shaman. The only relevant spec currently is resto and seeing shaman bugtracer even resto is going to be nerfed soon with bugfix of Tidal Waves

I'm 829 with only one relic so in hc's i get top dps quite easily man.. of course i get second in dps but its not a bad spec. Maybe is because i'm used do play as a lock and i got preety used to see low dps in 7.0.3. Honestly for me it seems a lot easier to do good dps. Of course i cannot compete with top dps class like arcane mages or havoc demon hunters but it doesnt seem that bad for me.. 

Do you wanna know whats bad? Yesterday i did a raid and in the team was a shadow priest with +/- 845 ilvl.. he did 70k dps... thats an extreme case of spec that desperatly need fixes. I like ele so far. 

That's not the problem, like when I go rhc with world I'm also 1st / 2nd in dps, but that's not because shaman would be good. It's because generally quality of world is extremely low. On the other side if I go with guild mates, who are one of the best ppl on the server, then I'll be generally worst dps in group. You won't really notice this problem in randoms, since these very good players won't ever go with world, they have either 5man guild premade or nothing (and this is not speciality of my guild it's very common that good players will play only with people they know).

So yeah, I don't care if there is 845 priest with 70k dps, since I don't want to be better than bad/average players. Like I have also went one rhc as resto, where there were 2DHs dps, one not even 110 with ~770ilvl was doing 450-500k dps while the other (817 ilvl) did ~90k in the same fight. I want to be at competitive level and if maximum potential sustained dps of shaman is about 200-230 (at top lvl and I have tried all combinations of talents and different rotations and I don't think that those last 15ilvls and 1 gold trait will give me more than that), then it's bad. If DH can do 600k, then DH is objectively nearly 3 times better then shaman. So it's still better to take "bad" DH who will do only 2/3 of dps he could potentially do, because it's still 400k, than take shaman who can do 100% of potential dps since it's only 200k.

Btw guild mate shadow priest does 250k+ sustained, but yeah he goes only premades

Tomulolus atm i have 31 traits, 853ilvl and on si gle target boss (instance) my dps is 350k+with a medium dps group...in raid is around 250k dps...final dps like niyhendra...simole rotation without cd 180k...we cant compare with dh atm...or some balance druid...but all the problem is the player...elemental shamn atm is like 80%fixed...has only very few minor bugs that dont influence so much the final dps like the permanent elemental...elementalist trait...and sorms fury...in rest works almost perfect+/- the class is working really well....all is about the player if they cant reach a good dps

1 person likes this