JINI

stormstrike

18 posts in this topic

hello, i just want to say that comparing to palas, dks, hunters, monks... enh shammy doesnt deal much dmg. but its even worse when stormstrike is bugged.

what u think about enh guys?

I don't know for which expansion you are speaking right now, but i assume for Dreanor atm so I'll talk futher on that matter since i know the most about them on that expansion:

I've no clue about the stormstrike bug you ar refering to but the thing i can tell you is the fact that enhancement shamans are not ment to be heavy hitters. they have overal less damage on all of their abilities but they have WAY more sources of damage. So for example a ret paladin has 3-4 sources of damage that is making them do alot of dps, while a enhancement shaman has like 10+ sources of "main" damage

"main" dmg is coming from lava lash, stormstrike, shocks,totems... fire nova(when there are many ppl). and thats what i said earlier, enh shammys DONT have dmg comparing to them, i know that, it should be like that, but stormstrike is one of its main damaging spells, but stormstrike deals 2x less dmg and its a really big loss for enh. still ty for replying.

Edited by JINI

Fairly clueless, of what you guys are on about.. However Stormstrike hits like a train, Im not even end gear and I see the 50k's flying around. Its probably the weapons being low, SS scales of base weapon damage.

On 7/1/2016 at 3:24 AM, Local Smuggler said:

Fairly clueless, of what you guys are on about.. However Stormstrike hits like a train, Im not even end gear and I see the 50k's flying around. Its probably the weapons being low, SS scales of base weapon damage.

Stormstrike "hits" like a train because of the overall procs it generates.

Either way Stormstrike is one of the primary abilities for Enhancement with Lava Lash. Which should obviously deal some kind of damage and still not be compared to other offensive abilities Enhancement has. 

Currently, I don't see any issues with Stormstrike being bugged, however I do feel like it has a small damage "miss-calculation" It should be easy to calculate it to do the damage it should compared to Retail 6.2.3. 

Maybe yeah, they kind of being hitting low, but massively and fast enough. Can take Troll Encha Shaman for example

Bloodlust + Bersek = Excellent haste for fast cooldowns

With Echo of elements, you can use almost every abillity within some small seconds, so i say, they are good enough in 1 v 1. Yeah, probably with paladins it will own some problems, since of pala's damage and stun. Then probably go with Tauren shaman for extra stamina and extra interrupting stun. So actually encha shammy does greater damage under the burst and no one, which isn't protected, would even survive.

15 hours ago, Laydor Marvel said:

Maybe yeah, they kind of being hitting low, but massively and fast enough. Can take Troll Encha Shaman for example

Bloodlust + Bersek = Excellent haste for fast cooldowns

With Echo of elements, you can use almost every abillity within some small seconds, so i say, they are good enough in 1 v 1. Yeah, probably with paladins it will own some problems, since of pala's damage and stun. Then probably go with Tauren shaman for extra stamina and extra interrupting stun. So actually encha shammy does greater damage under the burst and no one, which isn't protected, would even survive.

Well, that's why you go Haste in WoD Enhancement ;):P 

9 hours ago, Kiration said:

Well, that's why you go Haste in WoD Enhancement ;):P 

Well yea, thats the key for Encha shammy. haste < crit = DEATH TO EVERYONE!

On 7/6/2016 at 10:15 AM, Laydor Marvel said:

Well yea, thats the key for Encha shammy. haste < crit = DEATH TO EVERYONE!

Versa - Haste - Last Mastery = 1v1 Feral MoP.

Just now, Kiration said:

Versa - Haste - Last Mastery = 1v1 Feral MoP.

I dunno, mastery kinda improves the damage of schocks i guess.

Just now, Laydor Marvel said:

I dunno, mastery kinda improves the damage of schocks i guess.

Well, I'd say. Go Mastery/Versa if you're.. spamming Bg's, otherwise go Vera > Haste then lastly Mastery. Nearly as what Feral druids are doing on WoD - Versa > Mastery then lastly Crit/Haste.

As full 720 gear, I would have around 20% Versa without buffs in PvP, I believe. Which is a lot! Basically just increasing my healing/dmg by 20% and dmg taken reduced by 10% Then with your glyph which would be 20% sustained reduction. 

Edited by Kiration

Just now, Kiration said:

Well, I'd say. Go Mastery/Versa if you're.. spamming Bg's, otherwise go Vera > Haste then lastly Mastery. Nearly as what Feral druids are doing on WoD - Versa > Mastery then lastly Crit/Haste.

As full 720 gear, I would have around 20% Versa without buffs in PvP, I believe. Which is a lot! Basically just increasing my healing/dmg by 20% and dmg taken reduced by 10% Then with your glyph which would be 20% sustained reduction. 

Well thats ferals indeed. If you go full buffs, i dunno, then its possible to high up defense + healing + attack, which for ferals are epic, since of passive healing talents and others. Well, maybe have to agree for encha shammy about versa, with that maelstorm weapon, i guess, it shall bring up bigger advantage.

Just now, Laydor Marvel said:

Well thats ferals indeed. If you go full buffs, i dunno, then its possible to high up defense + healing + attack, which for ferals are epic, since of passive healing talents and others. Well, maybe have to agree for encha shammy about versa, with that maelstorm weapon, i guess, it shall bring up bigger advantage.

If you gear versa with Enhancement, you should have around 20% in full 720. 

Versa is most likely the 1st prior for hybrid classes. Versatility really gives you HIGH potential healing and dmg. You should try it out if you haven't yet.

Just now, Kiration said:

If you gear versa with Enhancement, you should have around 20% in full 720. 

Versa is most likely the 1st prior for hybrid classes. Versatility really gives you HIGH potential healing and dmg. You should try it out if you haven't yet.

Well, i did that on feral as full versa or full mastery. Full mastery - Pretty fast kills, but small chance to survive. But once i gone the versa stuff, yeah, i was able to survive pretty long in 3 v 1 and was able to kill 2 people.  But encha shammy yeah. I didn't test versa on him, since i gone haste < crit. Well, under burst it took only few sec till i killed my enemy, but ranged class gave a hard task. So, i will see that.

11 minutes ago, Laydor Marvel said:

Well, i did that on feral as full versa or full mastery. Full mastery - Pretty fast kills, but small chance to survive. But once i gone the versa stuff, yeah, i was able to survive pretty long in 3 v 1 and was able to kill 2 people.  But encha shammy yeah. I didn't test versa on him, since i gone haste < crit. Well, under burst it took only few sec till i killed my enemy, but ranged class gave a hard task. So, i will see that.

Yeah, I assume we're talking about BG's and such, it's pretty fun to kill players with high damage etc. Nevertheless I'm always with Versa/Haste. It gives me so much good potential good aid. I hardly have issues in BG's, yet it's fun!

Just now, Kiration said:

Yeah, I assume we're talking about BG's and such, it's pretty fun to kill players with high damage etc. Nevertheless I'm always with Versa/Haste. It gives me so much good potential good aid. I hardly have issues in BG's, yet it's fun!

Its pretty fun to test out different styles of fight. Its like one class can turn into more under classes. So yeah.

21 minutes ago, Laydor Marvel said:

Its pretty fun to test out different styles of fight. Its like one class can turn into more under classes. So yeah.

Yeap! Good luck trying Versatility out, if you're! ;)

I would say,.get soft cap of haste then stack versatility, you can thank me later. Btw in ealier patches haste was go for stat. Some people are stacking... crit. Remeber that crit does only 150% dmg in pvp so I think we over all benefit.more from versa and haste. Correct me if im wrong