SupremeAgni

[Warlords of Dreanor] Initial Client Error (Fix)

51 posts in this topic

Introduction

I understand how hard it is for players, and developers to freshly install a game (whether it be theirs, or not) from anywhere only to see it not work, and I've had my fare share of those happen just as much as everyone else here more recently though was with Warlords of Dreanor from the Firestorm servers now don't get me wrong, I love Firestorm, but even though "I love them" that doesn't mean them perfect, far from it in fact. They are only human, just like the rest of us, and they will make mistakes, again just like the rest of us that's why it's up to us as a community to help resolve whatever we can whenever we can, to make the Forum, and the game a better place to co-exist in.

"Enough rambling Vexes, and tell us what we came here for!" you might be saying, and ok I'll give you a quick run down of what you most likely came here for.

Why I think This Exists & How To Fix It

As you all know since Firestorm released 6.2.3 they've been "plagued" with error reports from people who freshly installed the game through the Firestorm launcher they attempted to use a torrent (With little success IMO) to resolve this issue thinking it was some issue with installing all the needed files which they where kinda correct, but the "fix" at times proved to not work for some people, because of one small thing they overlooked as far as I can see from the forum anyway, the reason for the error is mainly because the client cannot finish writing data to the folder because the folder has a Read Only Permission which is easily fixed by Right Clicking, and going down to Properties then un-checking the Read Only option near the bottom of the General Page once that is done you should be able to load the game just like normal, and have some fun in Azeroth once again with Firestorm

Step By Step Photo Tutorial

screenshot_20160502_090425.png

screenshot_20160502_090704.png

screenshot_20160502_090831.png

screenshot_20160502_090920.png

screenshot_20160502_091135.png

screenshot_20160502_091709.png

2 people like this

I figured this was important info for those people who are still having issues with the game after downloading the torrent version of the client, which isn't as seeded as it should be.

Edited by SupremeAgni

Great topic I will redirect everyone with CAS issue to it :)

1 person likes this

Thanks for the Topic! This will help many players out of CAS Errors. :)

1 person likes this

Do I have to download the torrent first in order for this to work?

Because torrenting is hard for me to get away with.

Well you have 2 choices you can decide to download the game via our Launcher - That is the slow and painful way , or get the full game via the torrent set up everything and start playing :)

Here you go mate just click the big DOWNLOAD button. If you download the game via torrent use the "Already Installed" option just bellow the DOWNLOAD button :)

Programa.gif

Edited by Spartan

i have problem on downloading the game >.< can't download the whole game of Warlord of draenors in launcher, i don't know why.

i can't play wow firestorm wod, because i can't download the whole game thru firestorm launcher >.< please help me 

ive done this and still get a CAS error

6 minutes ago, ItzDestinyX said:

ive done this and still get a CAS error

Did restart the computer and re-checked the folder options after the restart ?

8 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Did restart the computer and re-checked the folder options after the restart ?

yeah i did and it still happens i tried the other fix of uninstalling and reinstalling and the torrent says its going to take 4 years to download 

@ItzDestinyX

Go into the WoW folder and delete the Cache folder. Then go into the World of Warcraft/Data folder and delete the Indices folder. Once that is done, restart the system and run the launcher as an admin. That should solve the problem.

6 hours ago, Spartan said:

i fixed it by downloading the config folder from one of the fourm links and putting it in the correct folder and now it loads

Just now, ItzDestinyX said:

i fixed it by downloading the config folder from one of the fourm links and putting it in the correct folder and now it loads

Could you share this topic here

i followed all the steps and i still get the CAS error how do i fix it

7 minutes ago, Guest OxtailZombie said:

i followed all the steps and i still get the CAS error how do i fix it

Go into the WoW folder and delete the Cache folder. Then go into the World of Warcraft/Data folder and delete the Indices folder. Once that is done, restart the system and run the launcher as an admin. That should solve the problem.

no help at all.. it keeps on coming back to read only..

Hi so heres how read only works on windows.

When you right click and go to properties that box next to read only is what im talking about.

First off Read Only isnt set on folders its set on files that option isnt what you think.

Second It doesnt tell you if its read only or not on that check box.
Treat it as a GUI for applying or removing Read Only.
Filled box=(Nothing to be done). Check in the box means apply read only blank box means remove Read Only. That being said CAS error sucks and i have it to!

EDIT: This is for windows for the record!

Edited by Gmaul

Hi, new here but thought I would share my two cents. I originally did the fresh install of the launcher (using Battle.net downloaded files). I to kept getting the CAS error. So I decided to delete the launcher and reinstall it and just simply linking to the Battle.net folder. When asked for the first time what language you are(location) I had kept putting America(English) but the last time I tried I put Europe(English) not sure if this helped or I just finally fixed it with the read data and what not. Just thought I would say just in case,

Just now, Bladie21 said:

Hi, new here but thought I would share my two cents. I originally did the fresh install of the launcher (using Battle.net downloaded files). I to kept getting the CAS error. So I decided to delete the launcher and reinstall it and just simply linking to the Battle.net folder. When asked for the first time what language you are(location) I had kept putting America(English) but the last time I tried I put Europe(English) not sure if this helped or I just finally fixed it with the read data and what not. Just thought I would say just in case,

Hello, don't use files from Battle.net WoW. Download Wow executables from Firestorm Launcher and run WoW.exe or Wow-64.exe and you will have WoW installed in about 10 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Tigd said:

Hello, don't use files from Battle.net WoW. Download Wow executables from Firestorm Launcher and run WoW.exe or Wow-64.exe and you will have WoW installed in about 10 minutes. 

There should be window such as this: wow-downloading.png

Just now, Tigd said:

There should be window such as this: wow-downloading.png

Yeah, doing what you suggested just gives me the CAS error again. I changed the red-only settings for the new folder and tried opening both Wow and Wow-64 and it just gives the error.

Edit: Why exactly should I not use the Battle.net files?

Edited by Bladie21

Can you write your WoW folder PATH?