Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VerneAsimov

Haste is broken from the ground up

7 posts in this topic

Haste is important for monk. It doesn't work in every aspect.

• I should gain 13.04% haste from 5544 points but I only have 5.80%. (That's 425 haste point per haste %.)
  • On top of that, my haste is not being increased by Stance of the Wise Serpent. I should have 19.56% after the bonus but I still only have 5.80%.
  • Even worse, breakpoints are completely broken. I have enough haste for 11 ticks of Renewing Mist but I currently only have 10 ticks. Renewing Mist is a huge deal for Mistweavers.

Crit is important after Haste breakpoints are met. It's working fine but it's slightly underpowered.

• The only broken element of crit for Mistweaver is that I should get crit from agility, at a rate of 1259.92 agility per 1% crit. It's not a whole lot but that's stil .16% crit I'm missing.

I'll make a ticket on it soon. I just noticed no one made a post about it! It's a huge deal and needs to be fixed.

Bugtracker ?

I'll make one tomorrow. I'm taking a really hard look at the math.

So far, I found that the game actually uses your gear's real value of haste. For example, I have 3175 haste in Tiger Stance (7.47%) whereas in Serpent Stance I have 7143 haste but still have 7.47% haste. Additionally, there's still no actual bonus to haste. It just appears to increase the haste visually by 225%. Essentially, the haste value is correct behind the scenes, incorrect visually, and affects nothing that I can see except cast times.

And remember to reforge haste in Tiger Stance.

1 person likes this

% based haste things can be having a wrong tooltip (never trust tooltips) always check if the actual numbers match the breakpoint system and increase they should normally give, just like my 8% haste amplifier on the immerseus trinket, its not shown on the tooltip at my character pannel but its still having its correct expected effect

I made sure. I checked if I achieve breakpoints with the currect % and amount of haste. I had enough haste for 11 ticks of Renewing Mist but still only had 10 ticks. I'd check 12 but I dunno how to get more haste without regemming.

Try on the PTR. They give heroic warforged gear for testing purpose.

Fixed now. Thanks!

1 person likes this