Michaelus

SL mac users

18 posts in this topic

Please Administrators,

how can you update your serves to new releases without fully completed the work ? I just wanna play some game, its already hard on mac but i always somehow figure it out (i work in IT). But if you didnt even release a new client for mac and announce that "Sorry we dont have a solution for you". Its kind of lame... 

Please think about mac players and do better releases.

Thank you.

1 person likes this

Hello @Michaelus,

These things can take quite a bit of time to develop. A long time too. And our Dev Team has quite a bit of update and changes on their hands that they need to fix for the current content. The number of players that are using macOS is minuscule and it doesn't justify working on the client that takes a long time to code instead of the current content for 95% of our player base. But, that doesn't mean that a fix is not coming so I ask you to be patient and you will be able to play on our server like everyone else.

Take care,
Looic INT Support

Thank you for your reply @Looic.

I understand that. Please make sure your announcement will be up to date when mac client will be ready. 

Thank you.

Same. Thank you for posting and keeping your Mac user base informed. 

yes...I can't wait for the Mac client neither...thank you guys for taking care

I am waiting too...

Any updates? Maybe just a timeline on when we can expect a Mac Client?

So 3 months gone still support for macs big zero... this server sucks! It's better to leave then after they finally produce something the rest of community is at the end of new content...

1 person likes this

Can we get an update please?

Here for same question about mac client. Please, make it happen :)

I'm also waiting for the mac client. I've already spent too much money on Firestorm to move to another server. Please!

use vmware to run windiows on mac problem solved

On 27/02/2023 at 3:08 PM, issaeisa said:

use vmware to run windiows on mac problem solved

1. virtualisation == perfomance/3-5 times

2. vmware not supports m1 mac GPU and 3d at all

3. You can use parallels VM, but only with games 'till dx11 and performance really not good. 

4. Why virtualisation if World of Warcraft already have great mac arm64 support from Blizzard?

I don't want to be rude, but: I've spend here, at Firestorm time from World of Warcraft: WoD and want to play and spend money here, but if i can't do this for 6 month, I'll go to retail, this will be sad to lost all progress, but at least I can just play.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, RAMZAY said:

3. You can use parallels VM, but only with games 'till dx11 and performance really not good. 

4. Why virtualisation if World of Warcraft already have great mac arm64 support from Blizzard?

I don't want to be rude, but: I've spend here, at Firestorm time from World of Warcraft: WoD and want to play and spend money here, but if i can't do this for 6 month, I'll go to retail, this will be sad to lost all progress, but at least I can just play.

100% agree. I play, I spend $$ here. Why should I have to use a subpar virtualization? 

Edited by AntC172
1 person likes this

10 hours ago, RAMZAY said:

use parallels VM then not only good for wow but also anyother program that dosent support mac even if performance not good you will find a way to make it better

7 hours ago, issaeisa said:

use parallels VM then not only good for wow but also anyother program that dosent support mac even if performance not good you will find a way to make it better

1. I'm software engineer and I don't have any program that not supports mac.

2. World of Warcraft supports mac on whole history of the game from day 0. I've played World of Warcraft for 14 years on mac.

3. Why we are talking about that in this topic?

1 person likes this

Hello again,

The MAC client for the 9.2.7 Shadowlands patch takes a very long time to develop and looking at the number of players that do indeed play on Firestorm Shadowlands, it is not worth spending the time and effort on something small when we can spend more time developing the main content. However, that doesn't mean that you cannot play Shadowlands on MAC!

You can use VMWare to install windows on your MAC device and play on that instead. Heres a thorough tutorial on how to do that.

I will be closing this topic since there is no need for further discussion. If you need technical support, please make a ticket at Support Firestorm.

Take care,
Looic, INT Support