M-13

New lvling system

5 posts in this topic

Hello! So I am back to playing World of Warcraft and I want to just casually do quests in all zones, like everywhere (Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor etc.), probably with my lvl 14 nelf. Although I noticed that the level requirments went down like a lot (take Twilight Highlands for example it had lvl requirments of 84-85 as I remember and now you can get there with lvl 30). Is it because the server wants you to level up faster or something like that? Does it really affect questing in those old zones? If so, what other server would you recommend for me? I just want to casually do quests without even joining any dungeons and go through the story lines in every zone.

Edited by M-13

So I noticed that the new leveling system is a Shadowrealms change, but still, do you know if that has some big affection on the whole questing world? Like, does the new system make you able to choose your fav zone, get 10 lvls as fast as in previous expansion and move to another zone or is experience gain lowered like a lot?

Stick to Classic till lvl 110 for Legion (120 for BFA - 60 for Shadowlands) is what's advised by the staff here. I tried to do Black Temple (TBC content) at lvl 91 on Legion and got 1 hit by first boss in the sewers for 66k damage even though Outlands dungeons and raids only scale up to 70-71 in Legion and BOA they will murder you without some godly donator gear that gives you 7 million health to match the boss.

Edited by MoonBoo

Hello @M-13,

This is part of the new Shadowlands leveling experience as for the first time in the history of World of Warcraft, levels have scaled down. On the Oribos realm, leveling should go as followed:

• From levels 1-10, you will be learning the ropes of the game in a beautiful new zone called Exile's Reach. This place will be common to all races (when before each one had its own starting zone), and will feature a whole new questline designed to help new players learn the mechanisms of WoW much better, and faster. Even if you already have all of your characters above level 10, this new experience is gonna be refreshing, and could also help some friends of yours who never picked the game get into it much more easily.
    You can find more info here

• From levels 10-50, you will be leveling doing the Battle for Azeroth main storyline, which is fully scripted (its first quest will automatically be given to you). No more changing zones every 10 levels, battling to find working quests or killing monsters endlessly.

• Finally from levels 50-60, you will be making your way into the Shadowlands for the first time ever in World of Warcraft, to experience the wonder and horrors of the afterlife across five new zones: the gleaming fields of Bastion, the scarred battlefields of Maldraxxus, the eternal twilight of Ardenweald, the opulent keeps of Revendreth, and the horrific Maw.

I hope this would've cleared up any misconceptions.

Take care,

Looic, INT Support

Archiving this topic.

If this issue persists please make another topic here or if you require support with any technical issue please make a ticket here