kitarotr54

Destruction warlock stats

6 posts in this topic

Why don't we give Versatility stat for Destruction warlock? Mastery increases damage by 50%, while Versatility increases damage by 100%?

What do you think the stat weights should be? 19crit/ 19hast/ 35mastery/ 8versality ?

in the stats
19-29 0%
29-39 10%
39-49 20%
49-59 Is there a 30% penalty?

Edited by kitarotr54

Hi Kitarotr54

What do you mean by "give vers stat for destruction"?

Greetings
Ech0

hi Ech0

Why isn't versality recommended as a stat? versality seems like a better stat in all conditions?

The biggest problem in the game is which stats we will prioritize. There are those who say priority haste for Warlock, and there are those who say priority mastery.

What should be the average recommended stat weight for the current patch.

Do we need to carry different items for multi dungeon or raid? Are the stats basically different?

is the penalty issue correct for this patch?

Hi kitaro

The value that haste/mastery brings to destruction outweighs what versatility can bring.
By focusing on Haste/Mastery you are able to get bigger Chaos Bolts/Rain of Fire and shards for those spells etc faster.
You don't need to carry different items, to be honest, you just need one set that is full of the stats you want.
There is no DR system for stats on Oribos.

If you want my personal opinion, I would test out several builds by running a simcarft using this addon and looking at this website with the code the add-on provides.
That way you can see what gear->stats you would need to do more damage overall.

Greetings
Ech0

Thank you for your answer. In the mastery description for Destruction warlock, it says that it has increased by 50% and the remaining 50% will be increased randomly. Whereas, there is no such limitation for versality. When I use versality instead of mastery in my own trials, the damage is greatly increased. Of course, the haste should not fall below 20. For Raid, destruction warlock seems to be built on critical hit, increasing chaos bolt damage directly. We also have a skill that gives an extra proc when we hit a critic. For single target, the haste/critical pair gives very good results.  Haste/versality damage and survivability for Mythic10+ dungeons. 

For Mythic10+ dungeons, it seems better for rush/versatility, damage increase and survivability. I'm playing with the weight of critical18/Haste19/mastery35/versality11

Archiving this topic.

If this issue persists please make another topic here or if you require support with any technical issue please make a ticket here