wizax

Balancing Factions [In-game]

13 posts in this topic

Title: Balancing Factions

Type: In-game

Description: 

Since the launch of the new expansion, Shadowlands, Oribos, everyone has noticed a huge difference between the Horde population compared to Alliance population, The same problem that occurred in Battle for Azeroth which led almost all players to two options, either leaving the game or switching to Horde because Alliance side will end up inactive especially in PvE And I'm sure Shadowlands will have nothing but much more the same situation of Battle for Azeroth, which I'm sure something you don't want to reach, i joined the realm since the launch day and during all my questing time i noticed i remember that i barely could see few alliances questing, while it was just full of hordes, Stormwind total Alliance is nothing to be compared with the Hordes that are dueling infront of Ogrimmar and much more to be recalled; I know right that you can not force players to switch faction or play alliance nevertheless you can easily bait them to go there themselves, my suggestion is very simple, clear and I'm 100% sure it's gonna be effective and have some positive results whivch is the following:
 1) Temporary make faction change **FROM HORDE TO ALLIANCE ONLY!!!** Free, I'm sure everyone would like to help the losing side (( especially PvP Players )) for a bonus adventure and more fun and I'm but no one will do that if it's gonna cost him 30 days of voting,

2) Temporary give the Alliance increased XP rate, You may not consider this or maybe its kinda late for it but I'm sure it will have positive feedback, so anyone leveling a new character will go to the alliance for a faster leveling
3) Temporary give a small reward to the ones who switched from the Horde to the Alliance, I'm not asking you to give them some legendaries or expansive mounts, just a small push such as an alliance symbolique transmog set/toy/mount or anything of that category
4) Temporary give the Alliance an increased Currency((Honor/Soul Ashe)) rate: just like the increased XP rate, that's just kind of the same idea
5) Temporary give the Alliance an increased drop rate in dungeons: it would be a good idea but maybe it's the next step if things get worst than it is right now/dont fix

*) The "Temporary" thing lasts until the faction gap becomes small/unnoticed

You don't have to consider all the options, taking only 1 is enough, mainly the first one [[      1) Make faction change from Horde to Alliance Free        ]]

Here is a pool since I think there are no polls option, in suggestion topic, correct me if im mistaken:        >>> https://strawpoll.com/s4ocvz2ky

note:
- I won't recall names but I remember, some famous private servers used to do that in the past after a few weeks of their launch and they noticed that there is a huge gap between Alliance and Horde Ratio and it worked well, I was there to witness the change and i recall seeing even some big PvP / PvE Guilds names moving to the other faction. 
- i said a new option from Horde to Alliance only free, not the whole faction change free, that's a big difference and will get it worst as those alliance who got bored will swap horde immediately as they are running out of nerve for that huge ratio gap, just like what happened on BFA.

- this note is for firestorm managers, It's either a FEW horde players with high ego complaining about that increase of rate/free rewards/free faction change and making their overcharged faction less charged to balance and make the game enjoyable again OR your alliance side diying JUST LIKE IN BFA, and wow will look like 1 faction battle without the mercenary mode

Thank you for spending time to read my suggestion, I hope you put it in a point of consideration, reply to me soon.

Edited by wizax
edits on 1)
6 people like this

Good idea. But then people will just faction change to Horde once levelling to 60. And making faction transfer free will make it available for more Ally to join the bigger side. And increased rates is a good idea - until Alliance are 6+ weeks better off in gear. Then it will be the Horde crying. 

Edited by Charli6xoxo

30 minutes ago, Charli6xoxo said:

Good idea. But then people will just faction change to Horde once levelling to 60. And making faction transfer free will make it available for more Ally to join the bigger side. And increased rates is a good idea - until Alliance are 6+ weeks better off in gear. Then it will be the Horde crying. 

"Good idea. But then people will just faction change to Horde once levelling to 60": We'll let them do, they are gonna waste 300 silver firestorm coins saving for a small xp rate boost, a fair trade
"And making faction transfer free will make it available for more Ally to join the bigger side": I think you have mistaken me at this point, never said free faction transfer, it's like a new option in character manager, From HORDE to ALLIANCE ONLY!!!
"And increased rates is a good idea - until Alliance are 6+ weeks better off in gear. Then it will be the Horde crying": That's why its gonna be temporary, as i mentioned above "*) The "Temporary" thing lasts until the faction gap becomes small/unnoticed".

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Charli6xoxo said:

You're not understanding at all what his saying... 

2 people like this

can be a very interesting idea,especially that im sure many people moved to horde just because  they think it's the bigger faction,which it was by a small percentage probably ,but little by little people moving for the same reason,probably created this huge gap,asides from pvp ,this puts a huge problem on duengons and raids,custom groups are usually filled with 2-3 duengons for ally,while on horde u can find atleast 7-8 duengons in the premade groups,world bosses are always filled with horde and impossible to do as an ally unless you're stealthy or got warmode off,asides from that warmode for alliance gives more xp for a reason to incourage people to play alliance,but when you get camped by 20 hordes and you got no alliance to help you while leveling you turn it off,and that ruins the whole point of alliance getting more xp,i think a sort of gift can help people go over to Alliance,it can be transmogs or cosmetics or something,that can be Unlocked after a certain playtime on their alliance character,not just transfer,take the tmog and go back to their main for example,in the end of the day if the server stays like this,more and more people will go horde even if they Love alliance,just because horde is More popular and itll become literally like some retail servers like kazzak,who have around 20k hordes and 400 alliance,except now on this 7k pop server itll be around 6500 hordes,and that will probably cause a lot of problems

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, scimichii said:

can be a very interesting idea,especially that im sure many people moved to horde just because  they think it's the bigger faction,which it was by a small percentage probably ,but little by little people moving for the same reason,probably created this huge gap,asides from pvp ,this puts a huge problem on duengons and raids,custom groups are usually filled with 2-3 duengons for ally,while on horde u can find atleast 7-8 duengons in the premade groups,world bosses are always filled with horde and impossible to do as an ally unless you're stealthy or got warmode off,asides from that warmode for alliance gives more xp for a reason to incourage people to play alliance,but when you get camped by 20 hordes and you got no alliance to help you while leveling you turn it off,and that ruins the whole point of alliance getting more xp,i think a sort of gift can help people go over to Alliance,it can be transmogs or cosmetics or something,that can be Unlocked after a certain playtime on their alliance character,not just transfer,take the tmog and go back to their main for example,in the end of the day if the server stays like this,more and more people will go horde even if they Love alliance,just because horde is More popular and itll become literally like some retail servers like kazzak,who have around 20k hordes and 400 alliance,except now on this 7k pop server itll be around 6500 hordes,and that will probably cause a lot of problems

Not probably, For sure* so basically they need to act quickly before it get worst

I don't know about all that free stuff, but the simplest thing to do is allow cross faction dungeons and raids. Let's be serious tho, if you give free faction change the few players form ally will switch to horde.

Edited by edown21

5 hours ago, edown21 said:

I don't know about all that free stuff, but the simplest thing to do is allow cross faction dungeons and raids. Let's be serious tho, if you give free faction change the few players form ally will switch to horde.

It's really getting me out of nerves, you people keep misunderstanding a point i'm sure i've made clear even mention it over than 2 times, do me a favor and read the WHOLE TOPIC before you drop your comment, i said free faction change From Horde to Alliance ONLY!!!, and cross-faction is a very very very bad idea for the world of warcraft, it will just ruin the story and it won't fix the world pvp

1 person likes this

Stop malding like that, your solution of temporary boosts for alliance are not appealing nor will make the horde consider switch sides, the server is horde dominant and it always has been, people already got their guilds, pvp mates, etc there, they will not change.

Best solution would be cross faction to rdf and done, end of the story.

I agree. Give alliance extra conquest points and extra soul ash and i will go alliance for a month and then swap back to horde when i farmed all i need

Edited by vliegendeaap

1 hour ago, Devaitto said:

Stop malding like that, your solution of temporary boosts for alliance are not appealing nor will make the horde consider switch sides, the server is horde dominant and it always has been, people already got their guilds, pvp mates, etc there, they will not change.

Best solution would be cross faction to rdf and done, end of the story.

That's your expectations. i hate mentioning that example but, when some famous private server launched their new realm, they found out there is a huge gap between factions, so they made an option to switch from horde to alliance free and gave a small xp boost to the alliance, and it worked well and the gap were gone, even big guildes names moved, pvp player and much more, but i was not expected big names to move to alliance side, even the new players / those who are trying the new expainsion, instead of going to the horde they will pick the alliance for that increased xp rate ect...

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, vliegendeaap said:

I agree. Give alliance extra conquest points and extra soul ash and I will go alliance for a month and then swap back to horde when I farmed all I need

You are being undirectly toxic, I made sure to mention that in my topic "You don't have to consider all the options, taking only 1 is enough"  and I think that the first option will be far from enough, or even giving a small XP increased rate, no need for big rewards, I added that  you may consider those options if things are not getting better which I'm sure will get better just if they take actions, and if you think, that going to the alliance, farming all that you need then going back to the horde after you made friends/guilds in the alliance side is worth, then go ahead, and make sure to save 300 silver fs coin to go back, at least they had good use of you during that time and by the time you finish, firestorm will start thinking about releasing a new patch / new expansion.

1 person likes this

I'm sorry for trying to suggest a fixing in the first case, seems like the server don't give a shit about keeping their players and making them enjoy the gameplay, instead, they would like to make 2 announcements in a row about the shop, quit interesting ain't it? it's my bad in the first case again, I've had too high hopes in that management team

Edited by wizax
1 person likes this