RokiMKD

Player Count

4 posts in this topic

Can someone please explain to me why on the main page of firestorm wow the player count is displayed always more than the sum of all their servers, like now it shows 4138 players but when you click on all servers OBTR is 958, BFA 1567, Legion 148, Wod 27, Mop 516, Cata 4, and Wotlk 26, combined that is 3223. I mean what are the devs doing do you want to show a higher player count that the real one and forgot to add the same math to the all realms route and only dispay the false info on the main page, i mean if you get the player count from the back end of the servers than this is not possible. Or do you have hidden servers?

2 hours ago, RokiMKD said:

Can someone please explain to me why on the main page of firestorm wow the player count is displayed always more than the sum of all their servers, like now it shows 4138 players but when you click on all servers OBTR is 958, BFA 1567, Legion 148, Wod 27, Mop 516, Cata 4, and Wotlk 26, combined that is 3223. I mean what are the devs doing do you want to show a higher player count that the real one and forgot to add the same math to the all realms route and only dispay the false info on the main page, i mean if you get the player count from the back end of the servers than this is not possible. Or do you have hidden servers?

It's more likely that the shown player count of 4138 isn't updated per se.

This there is a delay between the playercount scanned x minutes ago and the current playercount on the realms.

1 person likes this

Yeah i thought about that as well but for me there isn't a logical reason for the players per realm to be updated correctly but the total player count not, since if i would build the web app i will just combine all realms player count and display it, so all the realms will have invalid data(delayed), I'm not bashing on them i just want to know why they designed the website in a way where something like this is possible.

I'm moving this topic to the archives to clean up our general discussion forum.
1) If you want to make a new topic for just general discussion regarding all the servers please make it here
2) If you want to make a new topic for general discussion regarding Oribos or any specific server please make it here
3) If you want to make a new topic regarding any technical issue please make it here
4) If you have a bug report please make it here

Greetings
Ech0

Edited by Ech0