Followers 0
Imsoproimbad

Free Faction Change for All Horde Characters [In-game]

3 posts in this topic

Title: Free Faction Change for All Horde Characters

Type: In-game

Description: 

[Sethraliss] [In-game] [Shop]
As all the Alliance players are complaining about their side being "dead" (meaning the low amount of players online) and rightfully so, I think it would be best to resolve this huge issue with a few steps:

1. Set by default an option for every horde character (existing ones and new ones) the ability to change faction. [Remove the option in the Shop]

2. Double the amount of Silver/Vote Points for Alliance characters to be able to swap to Horde in the Shop.

If those steps would not balance things out - you could also implement a reward for changing the faction from Horde to Alliance with 3(?) loot chests. This option along with the faction change option for Horde characters could be also active in the intervals - showing up for ~3 days every month or two. Once the balance of players on both sides equalizes you then, should remove this feature.

Also to improve the experience of the Alliance players an implementation of cross-faction dungeons, for now, would be an amazing feature.

3 people like this

I think it's already too late to do anything against it, because with the arrival of the new exp. new/old players will return and temp. maybe the faction imbalance will be resolved. Next to it, let's not forget Firestorm was always a horde dominated server, so I think it's impossible to fix this "problem" fully. 

However I hear your reasoning, and I agree things could be done in order to restore (as much as it's possible) the alliance's playerbase. More so, I like those ideas what you mentioned.

What do you mean it's too late to do anything, the matter of time doesn't mean anything in this case. This issue will be transferred to the SL server as well, and even if new and old people upon returning will even up the issue for some time - of which I don't believe - then this issue will re-occur eventually anyway. That's the reason as to why you should tackle the problem upfront so you don't have to face bigger issues later on and the ones that stem from it.
I assure you new and old people will get frustrated and demotivated if while leveling they'll be constantly getting annihilated while outnumbered by the hostile faction.

Also, no one, ever, in the history of humankind has talked - in the framework of reality and the possibility - to erase a "problem fully", there is, nor ever was the perfect solution to such a complex problem. But what you can do, and what you should do is to try to curb the issue if it's not possible to fix it completely all at once. Hence the proposed solution which also could be used the other way around if the pendulum swung too far.

Edited by Imsoproimbad

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0