xawen

Arena system vs retail

6 posts in this topic

Hi,
I have to open this discussion because I mean something is wrong here.
The ranking for arena victory is totally different in retail.
Now the new season is starting and I'm watching some arena streams. Or when I open the retail line, I see these differences.
I mean win / loss ratio. As you can see, Firestorm and retail are totally different (I chose a few players to compare)

Firestorm:
Player 1: 53 win - 51 lose - 1439 rating
Player 2: 61 win - 34 lose - 1666 rating
Player 3: 87 win - 33 lose - 1783 rating

Retail:
Player 1: 36 win - 34 lose - 1806 rating
Player 2: 54 win - 53 lose - 1755 rating
Player 3: 58 win - 50 lose - 1814 rating
Player 4: 59 win - 40 lose - 2107 rating
Player 5: 62 win - 60 lose - 1896 rating

(best compare is player 1 - Firestorm vs player 2 Retail same arena played but huge differences)

+ Bonus (https://imgur.com/a/NXWBgwR)
The problem is that there are fewer PVP players and much fewer players are focused on PVP than retail. Therefore, it is much more difficult to play on free PVP servers than at retail. You have fewer teams and many times you get the same team 5 times in a row that almost never happens in retail (unless you have a rank of 1-50).
Therefore, I want to find out what you think about this system.
In my opinion, if the PVP arena system were modified to make it more similar to retail, many more players would play PVP and the game would be more fun.
The fact is that it is much harder to achieve a certain rating at Firestoem than to achieve the same rating at retail.

Any ideas on how to make it more Blizzlike?

(Sorry for my english)
Edited by xawen
6 people like this

if they fix this im superman xD

1 person likes this

Greetings !
We do not know exactly how this system works on retail, but considering our playerbase which is much smaller than the one on retail, we've had to find a custom way of calculating rating.
Also, we made some adjustments to prevent some abuses that were used in Season 1.

We know it's not perfect, but it has its own logic, and essentially, it works and is fair.

1 person likes this

This system is not well set up. Comparing FS and Retail to achieve a certain PVP rank is easier in retail than here.
I saw arenas where players got +60 rating when they won at 2200 rating here it is impossible even if I beat the 2000 rating team with 3200 rating +60 maybe I can't get max + 25 ....
This is one problem, the next is the SHOP system you introduced here. This is killing PVP.
OK I understand you need money but why sell the best items like in the game? Why can't it be possible to buy items up to 10 item levels lower than the current max item level?
The shop system is good for generating money, but it actually kills the whole part of the PVP game on BFA.
This is your choice but I want to tell you that many players are leaving your server to play pvp else because it just doesn't work for the pay to win system.

2 people like this

I personally don't have any problem with people purchasing gear. It is pirate server so why not, let's have more custom options than it is on Blizzard. I didn't buy any char or geat but if someone is willing to spend money for his character, why not?? He gets character, devs get money to keep themselves motivated - win/win situation.

People gearing to 410+ now in 8.2 before even doing any PvP is annoying but also 100% legitimate.

Only thing I personally don't like is how harder you have to grind PvP gear compared to PvE. It would be much cooler if it was a bit easier, but once again, totally understandable since majority of players are not that intereseted in PvP and doing it for azerite or weekly quests. 

Best regards to everyone, have a happy Easter to all Orthodox Christians.

The problem is that it also sells what is not normally available in the game and it is 425 item + socket + extra stat (leech, speed, etc) when the player has more such items is almost 2x stronger than a normal player who can in a normal game to get max 415-420. The problem is that the buyer buys BIS items and the average player finds it difficult to get BIS items to match. This makes the game in the arenas absolutely unbalanced.
I don't understand why FS doesn't sell Lootboxes 415+ as it was on Legion and when the player is lucky he gets a good item.

"He gets character, devs get money to keep themselves motivated - win / win situation."

Win / win? The fact that the server has lost its reputation is not a win / win with my friends, no one wants to play here because it is said to be a "fun server", "pay to win realm", "FS Shop system = cheating like other games", etc ...

Many of my friends have stopped playing because they do not win the best in pvp, but the one who pays. I also claim that the title for PVP at Firestorm is worthless because only those who buy gear will get it.

I understand that you need to pay developers, but there will certainly be a better way than selling BIS items + socket + extras.

As I mentioned there are Lootboxes, enchant illusions, pets, mounts, Items that can no longer be obtained because Blizzard has removed them from the game, VIP system, etc ...

The shop system that literally kills PVP here in conjunction with a poorly set up arena system absolutely degrades PVP here.

I don't want to complain, I just wrote here what most players think.

For admins: You can take the test yourself, make yourself an ordinary character and ask random people from around the world what they think about PVP on FS and see for yourself.

I don't care about hate. On the contrary, I would like PVP to come to life here and the game to be more fun with this system, however, few people focus on PVP and most only play PVE.

(Sorry for my english)

2 people like this