• Announcements

• Otacon

International Game Master Recruitment — Sethraliss & Sylvanas & Garrosh and Gul'dan   06/23/19

Firestorm International is looking for Game Masters for Sethraliss, Sylvanas, Garrosh and Gul'dan. We're currently looking for members from all regions that wish to join our staff team. Each Game Master will be providing assistance to players through Forums, Discord and In-game tickets. Remember that there are requirements for the position. By signing up for the position you will gain experience with working in a team, and much more. Please put an effort into your application as we provide the general format for you and all you do is have to fill it in. Click here to read the requirements and apply!
    • Otacon

New Graphic Ideas   07/29/19

If you are a Graphic Designer and want to volunteer to help the International Firestorm Staff with creating contents, make sure to take a look on that topic here.
    • Otacon

Securing a Firestorm Account   11/16/19

Securing your account is very important, so please read our guideline here:    
    • Otacon

Boost Firestorm Discord / VIP   12/20/19

Be ready to boost our Discord and in return, you become a VIP. You can read about that here.
Pantoufle

Downloading / Updating to 8.2.0 Client

177 posts in this topic

News forum.jpg

With Sethraliss, our BFA Realm upating to 8.2.0 on Monday 18th November, you will need to update your client in order to connect! We've made it as simple as possible, continue reading for a simple tutorial:

NB: The full client downloads every game data right away: it takes longer to download and requires a soft like bittorent, but once it's done you will have the whole game ready. The minimal client is smaller, faster to download, but will then download missing datas as you're playing, slowing you down.

FOR WINDOWS:

• You have the 8.0 Client and you just want to update it:
    • Download the 8.2.0 .exe here: http://fstorm.cc/82-Download (it is compressed in a .rar)
    • Open your FS BFA client folder, where your current .exe is located, place the .rar you just downloaded there, and extract it.
    • Your current .exe will be replaced (So you will no longer be able to log on 8.0) with the new one, click on it and you're on!

• You are using the launcher:
    • Just restart your launcher once the 8.2 update is applied on Sethraliss: it will download the missing files for you.

• You don't have the game yet, and want to start playing on 8.2

Please note: The first time you will open the 8.2.0 client, if it wasn't downloaded from the full torrent nor by the launcher, it will take a bit of time (between 2-5 minutes) to download the missing files, but in the meantime nothing will appear on your screen, that's normal ! Do not open it 43 times, just once and then wait a bit. Once it's done, you will be fully set up!

FOR MAC:

• You want to download the full torrent
  • You prefer to download the minimal client: http://fstorm.cc/82-MAC-Download

In both cases, you will need to do those following steps in order to be able to play:
    • If you have downloaded the full torrent, unzip it and then find the mac .zip in it. If you downloaded the minimal client, this is the only zip you will have so no worries!
    • Extract the .zip into a folder (we will call it "WoW FS BFA")
    • Open a terminal, and place it inside the WOW FS BFA folder
    • Type the following command in the terminal: sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine ./World\ of\ Warcraft.app 
    • Launch World of Warcraft, you're good to go!

If you have troubles updating, you can write contact our staffmembers on the support channel of our Discord, or you can create a forum post here

11 people like this

nbk

2 people like this

"Do not open it 43 times" what About 42 times? :thinking:

4 people like this

39 minutes ago, Tassos1123 said:

"Do not open it 43 times" what About 42 times? :thinking:

No... and We'll pass on the shenanigans even if your's are cute <3 

1 person likes this

If I use the launcher and I have full 8.0 game, will it download the whole 8.2 or will it download when I play in the background, cause if its gonna be background download I might as well download it fully from the torrent.

Can somebody upload to mega the indexes/indices folder to fix this Cas system error pls ?

thank you

1 person likes this

Here we come! 
Go FS <3 

3 hours ago, Tselpuchre said:

Can somebody upload to mega the indexes/indices folder to fix this Cas system error pls ?

thank you

had u solved that already?

Stuck at "Logging into the Game server"

29 minutes ago, l_milorava said:

Same.

the link can't load

9 minutes ago, Deathtaker said:

Same.

do ur guys download from torrent? or jus 8.2 exe only

if 8.2 exe only can i ask howd u solve that?

7 minutes ago, Lonelym3m said:

I use the launcher, and I still haven't solved anything, it's just stuck on the log in screen

8 minutes ago, Lonelym3m said:

just download the new exe and replace the old one and for anyone who cant log its its because the server wont be up for another good 6hours maybe more

8 minutes ago, acky 66 said:

just download the new exe and replace the old one and for anyone who cant log its its because the server wont be up for another good 6hours maybe more

You mean it won't work if you just download the missing files using the launcher?

8 minutes ago, Deathtaker said:

You mean it won't work if you just download the missing files using the launcher?

the missing files will download soon as the server is up just get the new .exe

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, acky 66 said:

the missing files will download soon as the server is up just get the new .exe

But my .exe is already updated to 8.2 using the launcher

w

Edited by kimkima14

5 hours ago, kimkima14 said:

w

Edited by kimkima14

8 minutes ago, Deathtaker said:

But my .exe is already updated to 8.2 using the launcher

then ur good just wait for the server to turn on it only went down 4 hours ago it wont be back till atleast 3pm server time its only 9pm server time now

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, acky 66 said:

then ur good just wait for the server to turn on it only went down 4 hours ago it wont be back till atleast 3pm server time its only 9pm server time now

Alright then, thanks for replying

14 minutes ago, acky 66 said:

i downloaded the new exe already and replace the old ones but it says as the cas system was unable to initaialize

how can i solve it?

56 minutes ago, l_milorava said:

Same here. I have this error too...:/

23 minutes ago, popomi15 said:

Same here. I have this error too...:/

server is down untill later once its up u will connect

w

Edited by kimkima14
1 person likes this