Pantoufle

Sethraliss Update

39 posts in this topic

Greetings Everyone!
Following our latest news regarding the 1st content update on Sethraliss, here comes the release announcement, including detailed information on what's to come, as well as the shipping date: Wednesday, May 8th at 11:00 AM server time!

Note: With this release, the realm ilvl cap will be increased to 385.

We also received a message from Boris, who returned from a dangerous adventure around the world. He asked us if he could come and say hi, and we didn't dare say no to an old friend! He'll be joining us on all expansions from Friday, May 3rd at 6 PM to Monday, May 6th 11:59 PM (both server time)

In this post, we'll be reviewing in detail everything that's gonna be released.
Are your seat belts fastened? Alright, let's go!

separator no text.png

ULDIR

underrot_uldir_zone.jpg

Uldir will be fully released (all 8 bosses) in Normal & Heroic Difficulty, plus the 1st wing of LFR: The Halls of Containment (which will include the first 3 bosses listed below). 
As opposed to what was stated in our previous post, we chose to release the LFR version of the raid wing by wing rather than all at once. The 2nd Wing should be released 2 to 3 weeks later, and the 3rd and final wing 2 to 3 weeks after the second one, alongside the full Mythic difficulty.
The ilvl of gear is as follows, with a hard cap at 385 as stated in the introduction: LFR 340+ / Normal 355+ / Heroic 370+.
As a reminder, only non-azerite gear can proc.

Bosses:Uldir.jpg

separator no text.png

MYTHIC+ SEASON 1

Kingrest.jpg

Mythic + will be added: this means tougher challenges, new affixes, but also better rewards! Push your key to get the best possible gear at the end of the dungeon, and in your weekly chest. Some changes have been made to the MM+ system, here is a list of the most important ones:

• Azerite armor pieces (Head - Chest - Shoulders) can only be obtained in the Weekly chest, you cannot get them in the end-of-dungeon chest.
  • You cannot swap gear inside the MM+, so you will have to choose your gear prior to entering the dungeon.
  • You can now Bonus roll inside the MM+: the rolled bonus can contain a random piece from the current dungeon, taking into account the key level to define the base ilvl (item can still proc).

On top of the system changes, the affixes themselves underwent some changes (including balancing). Here are the most important ones:

• Tyrannical and Fortified become lvl 2 affixes, which means they will be present on every key now.
  • There is now one special lvl 10 affix each season of MM+. The first one is Infested: every key of lvl 10 or higher will include this affix during the course of the first MM+ season
  • The affixes present on the first week will be: Tyrannical (2) / Raging (4) / Volcanic (7) (number in parenthesis is minimum key level for the affix to be active).

The reward system is in essence similar to the one from Legion: The weekly chest reward is based on your previous week best completion, while the end of dungeon reward is based on the current dungeon's key level.
Rewards will be as follow. As a reminder, all looted gear except azerite ones can proc, with a hard cap of 385.

Rewards:

MM+ weekly chest rewards.png

If you want more information about the Mythic + System, you can check here.

separator no text.png

DREAD GLADIATOR PVP SEASON 

Arena swag image.jpg

For those of you that thrive in the heat of PvP fights, start climbing the ladder in 2vs2 and 3vs3: face your opponents on the arena and prove your worth as a champion of Azeroth!
This will be the first PvP season and will last until the second raid, Battle of Dazar’alor is released (expected duration is 4-5 months). Here is a list of the most important features of this system:

• At the end of an arena match, you will have a chance to get a piece of gear, with its ilvl scaling based on your current rating (see below)
  • Winning a rated arena match, or winning your first rated battleground of the day fills up your conquest progression, and will earn you some gear pieces at specific breakpoints: it starts off at an LFR-level and scales up as you progress.
  • If you fill up your conquest bar entirely for the week, you will now be able to get a weekly PvP cache, with its rewards depending on your highest PvP rank (see below): Everything you need to know can be found here.

List of rewards for Season 1: (again, only non-azerite gear can proc, up to a hard cap of 385):

Rank  Rating  EoM*  Cache**  Cache (Azerite Item)  Rewards
 Unranked  0-1399  340  355  355  
 Combatant  1400-1599  350  365  355  Elite Appearance - Bracer, Belt
 Challenger  1600-1799  360  370  370  Elite Appearance - Gloves, Legs, Boots
 Rival  1800-2099  365  375  370  Elite Appearance - Helm, Shoulder, Chest
 Duelist  2100-2399  370  380  385  Elite Appearance - Cloak
 Gladiator  2400+  375  385  385  Elite Appearance - Tabard / Gladiator Title (50 wins)

*EoM = End of Match, occasional
**Cache = Weekly PVP Chest, available at Hook Point / Mugambala PVP Hubs

separator no text.png

WORLD BOSSES

WB 1.pngWB 2.png

WB 3.pngWB 4.png

Each week (rotation happening on Wednesdays), you will get a new World Quest regarding a World Boss: team up with other people to bring them down, and get a chance to loot a 355+ piece of gear!
A different one will be available each week, you can learn more about them here.

List of scripted World Bosses:

separator no text.png

BORIS

Boris.jpg

Boris is gone, see you soon

On top of that, Boris will be visiting all of our realms the weekend preceding the update!
From Friday, May 3rd at 6 PM to Monday, May 6th 11:59 PM (both server time), once per account per expansion you will be able to talk to him and ask him for a free boost.
This boost will get you to max level (except on Sethraliss, our BFA realm where you will be put lvl 110), and will include some gear and a bit of gold so you can hop straight into the action!

separator no text.png

News forum.jpg

This is it, our first update on Sethraliss!
We hope everyone will enjoy all the new content that is being released.
You guys still have 1 week to fully prepare, so don't waste your time, and let's see which guild climbs the ladder first, which 5 man groups hold the best key record for high MM+ keys, and who's gonna be the uncontested dread gladiator!

PS: Following our latest roadmap, and for those interested, there has been some progress!

• War campaign is almost fully scripted and needs testing now, alongside Siege of Boralus. King's Rest is already fine.
  • Stormsong Valley and Vol'dun are both at around 3/7 chapters done. Testing sessions will begin shortly.
  • Arathi Outdoors is close to being finished as well, and will then need testing. (scenario is not included)
  • Islands Expeditions have been started!

Again, there is no set date for now: it's just to give you guys an idea about what's being done behind the scenes development wise! As you can see, all those new contents need testing before being shipped to the live realm; If you're interested in giving a hand, you can apply to become a member of our Quality Assurance team here.

That's all for today!
We hope you're excited about all this and wish you all good fortune in the wars to come! (And fun too. Fun is important).
The Firestorm Team.

Uldir LFR 3rd wing opening.jpg

4 people like this

so funny tho how we dont get a capped char on sethraliss..... more chars to level yea boi.... T.T

PogU

2 people like this

16 minutes ago, Mcgraffity said:

so funny tho how we dont get a capped char on sethraliss..... more chars to level yea boi.... T.T

Sethraliss is still a new realm, BFA have been released not even 2 months ago. We want the players that will join us by taking advantage of the 110 premade fully enjoy the scripting of the BFA zones :) 

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, Mcgraffity said:

Besides the fact that 120 would make you still do all the questlines...we see no point yet to give 120s, the realm is new after all and the content that allows you to progress and level up are there! So this also a way for the newcomers to experience the time and effort we put on those zones and content!

2 people like this

What about the Char transfer from mwow? Will it be possible?

level 110 ok level 120 yea xD

42 minutes ago, REcod said:

What about the Char transfer from mwow? Will it be possible?

We cannot make it from BFA to BFA for the same reason we cannot give level 120 with Boris: ndue to the questlines and unlocking content, which is necessary for the character's progression.

Thanks for bringing Boris back, I am trying to lvl all my alts to 120 so a 110 boost is really helpful, I just got one question though,

Will Boris only boost players lvl 10 and below? and if so, does that mean all the allied races are unboostable?

Please make it so that allied races are boostable too

Will reputation gains be back to 3x after release? Or at least for prebfa factions? 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Elementario said:

Thanks for bringing Boris back, I am trying to lvl all my alts to 120 so a 110 boost is really helpful, I just got one question though,

Will Boris only boost players lvl 10 and below? and if so, does that mean all the allied races are unboostable?

Please make it so that allied races are boostable too

Allied Races still can't be boosted to my knowledge. Should still be level 10 and under characters that can be boosted.

Edited by Shalaya
1 person likes this

First you ruined the egg event and now you ruin Boris. All the “events” that used to be fun in the previous expansions are now not fun anymore. The decisions the head staff is making lately is really weird and disappointing.

You are just assuming, that people haven’t already leveled enough and got bored of it? Let’s be real here. You copied people’s characters from legion to BfA. Everyone who is actively playing has at least 1 character at max level. I personally have 8 character at max level by now and I’m tired of it. Leveling and exploring zones, quests etc is fun indeed, but only once. After it’s just the same thing over and over again. I hope you overthink this decision. 

Many people from other servers want to join FS, but they don’t want to level, because they have done it already on retail etc. You would even gain potential more players? I’m sure everyone was looking forward to a 120 character and not 110. 

You don’t even offer the option to donate for level 120 either..

Edited by Cara
6 people like this

Allied races must be boosted as well as other races. This is a huge problem really.

Edited by healerzaris
1 person likes this

Omg, you truely think that going over and over the same quests for like 10 times is "Fun"?! I totally agree with @Cara

1 person likes this

I agree with @Cara and @Beltazard, but here is one but, everyone in the server used to complain when Boris will come. Well, he's here now why you complain you get like 20dollars donation for free instead of being thankful or at least take the gift and let the water flow instead you should be asking why this why that. Let me make on thing clear they cant add reputation with the level boost the only thing they can do is give 110 and let us do the quest while doing reputations cus without reputations you cant progress in Boralus with two words why you need level 120 to do the quests that you should do at 110 to level 120 + raise the reputations. See there is a reason behind everything i dont want to hurt anybody by anyway but if you ask me i would call you lazy cus you want everything to be granted for free without effort do you know that in retail you dont get any boost at all, all reps are x1 all level is x1 tell me whats better. The only stupid thing i saw from the staff so far was that they transfered Legion chars to BFA saying that they do that cus of the inflation in Legion so they want to prevent it in BFA how you prevent the inflation when you publicly tell everybody that items in backpack wont be sellable in AH (they gather mats for mounts without making them so they can make it in BFA) instead of giving everybody one level up to 110 armor 300ilvl and 1 profession but no they prevented inflation...................................................

1 person likes this

I'm waiting for Legion Transmog Sets on shop

Edited by dean
4 people like this

@dean me too

1 person likes this

Complaining about a free thing is somehow "next level" . let me teach what you do with free stuff , either you like it  ..good for yuuuuu  .. you don't ? no problemo amigo  ... because it was freeeee .. FWEEEEEE  FWEE FWEE

you hate seing boris chars in bgs ... no problemo because you can farm them .. again for FWEEE

On 01/05/2019 at 1:09 PM, Shelby said:

Sethraliss is still a new realm, BFA have been released not even 2 months ago. We want the players that will join us by taking advantage of the 110 premade fully enjoy the scripting of the BFA zones :) 

On 01/05/2019 at 1:56 PM, LegnaX said:

We cannot make it from BFA to BFA for the same reason we cannot give level 120 with Boris: ndue to the questlines and unlocking content, which is necessary for the character's progression.

OMG, those players of today... so many people crying because they won't get a 120 boost. Got news for you, folks: this is MMORPG. I guess you don't know what that means, so I'd advice you to read about it to understand 'leveling'... Firestorm is right. Don't give max level boosts. Make those lazy boys work for it.

Anyway, just want to know if you guys have an idea of when Kul Tirans and Zandalari will be playable on Firestorm. Thanks.

This Boris is mainly for new people joining the realm.
With the new release of content, it allows people to skip a lot of boring leveling from 1-110.
And ofc, to give people already on realm, a quick chance to level an alt. this is not ment to be an equal char of your main, or anything remotly close to this.

This was not ment for anything but that, just to allow new players to have a bit of catch-up before the release, so if u have 8 chars and cry u didnt get a 9th with 120 and gear, then to bad, this was not for you. 

Edited by tweek
1 person likes this

Hello everyone ,when is that free 110 coming 8th may? Because I'm confused at the end of the video says claim it now hehe :P ?

17 minutes ago, Unholynight said:

Hello everyone ,when is that free 110 coming 8th may? Because I'm confused at the end of the video says claim it now hehe :P ?

It is currently avaliable on the server go now and get it :) .

Thank you for the information ,but uhh where? i was looking on the website and in the character login screen but nothing to see :( 

13 minutes ago, Unholynight said:

Thank you for the information ,but uhh where? i was looking on the website and in the character login screen but nothing to see :( 

Ouu i see ayy I'm so blind...xD thank you guys so much <3