bfa Detailed information about character copies to BFA

45 posts in this topic

Image BFA header.jpg

Following our last post about what's awaiting you in our new expansion Battle for Azeroth, many seem to still have questions about some of the features and systems.
Most of the questions are related to the copy of your characters from Sylvanas to Sethraliss, and we are here to answer all of them! Let's get started.

First and foremost, your characters will be copied. All of them, for free!
This means that all the content you have on Legion will still be there. We are not forcing you to switch to Battle for Azeroth.
With that being said, the progress you do on Sylvanas after the Copy moment (Copy will be done on the 15th at midnight CET) won't be updated on Sethraliss!

Now for common questions that we have seen on the forums:

Gold
Gold limitation is indeed 10k gold per character. We have some limitations applied to prevent exploits. Our goal is to avoid Sylvanas’s huge inflation to also switch to Sethraliss.

Items, bag and bank content
Characters will keep their items, bags and bank content that they had on Sylvanas.

Account bound data
All the account bound data such as mounts, pets, titles, transmogs and artifact skins you have gathered in Sylvanas will be also copied over to Sethraliss.

Guild Banks
Guild bank gold and their content will be wiped.

Migrations
Migrations won't be available at the start but we expect to implement them soon! At least from other Legion servers. We won't do it at the start from other BFA private servers for balancing reasons.

Future transfers
We will allow players to copy again in the future at their own will! Characters already copied won't be able to be copied again.

Greymane?
We are not going to copy the characters from Greymane since Greymane is a fun PvP realm with instant level ups and other fun type realm features!
Sethraliss falls under the rule of a progressive realm type with x3 rates (same as Sylvanas). Therefore, it's only fair we do not copy Greymane's database over to it.

Why only copy from Sylvanas?
Our players have the freedom to copy from any realm to Sylvanas. It felt right to only copy Sylvanas since its a direct progressive line.

Legion → Battle for Azeroth.

We hope this post makes things clear to everyone. If you have further questions leave them on the thread and we will add them to the main post.

Thank you all and good luck on your adventures on Sethraliss!

The Firestorm Staff

11 people like this

let us transfer from greymane to sylvanas before copy to bfa

Edited by StewMaker
yolo
8 people like this

Yes, i love pvp but sad to see all my Greymane chars not being able to transfer to BFA as i dont like sylvanas that much.

4 people like this

one free 110lv boost would be better

8 people like this

yea xD ok

dgf

1 person likes this

Bora quebra tudo BFA gogo

There will not be any troubles with the transfere itself? Because there were some when we switched from Dreanor to Legion. We had the option to transfer 1 character and that one got transferred 2 times. If you deleted one the other one got deleted aswell. Now we are talkin about transfering all characters of the account. Since there is a limit of 16 characters per realm there will not be space for fail transfers if you have like (my case 15 characters) 15 characters. Do you guys have maybe something in mind to solve these kind of problems?

1 person likes this

I really hope the staff consider both of the following suggestions. Thanks for your time.

2 people like this

its been almost a month or more I am in the queue for the damn transfer!

can you at least close my transfer? that would be nice rather than this ignore! ic a lot of people getting transferred lately. 

# 1239 please cancel it at least man.

asd#1#1239239#1239#1239

22 hours ago, StewMaker said:

let us transfer from greymane to sylvanas before copy to bfa

Umm no plz, wots the point of transferring fun toon to progressive realm??? makes no sense to do that bro

2 people like this

I'm playing on greymane since 2 years and i wanna talk for All greymane players. i believe every single player in Greymane deserves to copy at least 1 character to BFA. You treat to the players of Greymane like they are Nothing' and you forget how many people donated to this server from Greymane. It's not gonna be 'unfair' if you let us copy 1 character to BFA.. we deserve to play in BFA with our chars from Greymane. At least you can copy a character at least '950ilvl' or more it's gonna be more fair since it's instant 900 gear but people worked hard or donated to get 950+ilvl , so you can give us a chance to play in BFA with our main characters. We deserve it.

7 people like this

17 minutes ago, 3rturk1 said:

I'm playing on greymane since 2 years and i wanna talk for All greymane players. i believe every single player in Greymane deserves to copy at least 1 character to BFA. You treat to the players of Greymane like they are Nothing' and you forget how many people donated to this server from Greymane. It's not gonna be 'unfair' if you let us copy 1 character to BFA.. we deserve to play in BFA with our chars from Greymane. At least you can copy a character at least '950ilvl' or more it's gonna be more fair since it's instant 900 gear but people worked hard or donated to get 950+ilvl , so you can give us a chance to play in BFA with our main characters. We deserve it.

Sounds like a really good idea i think it would only be fair to everyone to allow greymane players to copy 1 char to bfa i have played greymane since 7.0.5 and i would love to have my main char in bfa aswell so i think it would be fair to let us copy 1 char from greymane to bfa

1 person likes this

All Mage towers were removed in BFA prepatch sorry. They had to be obtained in legion.

Officially Blizzard have restricted this challenge Only to the characters that played Legion in time.

What have you planned for Mage Tower Challenge in BfA?

@LegnaX, Regarding that you said: 

First and foremost, your characters will be copied. All of them, for free!
This means that all the content you have on Legion will still be there. We are not forcing you to switch to Battle for Azeroth.
With that being said, the progress you do on Sylvanas after the Copy moment (Copy will be done on the 15th at midnight CET) won't be updated on Sethraliss!

As an example: I have a character who has not completed yet the Mage Tower in Legion, but has already been copied to BfA (due to - "Copy will be done on the 15th at midnight CET").

If I finish this challenge in Legion, will it be updated in BfA for this toon who has already copied. Or there is no way to do this, because it is copied without our consent before that achievement. 

Any idea and advise how we should proceed with that? Because we do want this pretty cool artifact appearance for transmog in BfA too. Just little information will be appreciated.

1 person likes this

It would be really good to get a free 110 level boost. So the new players could have the BFA leveling experience...or something. Since the 1-110 is boring and I'm pretty sure that they had done it. Thanks.

4 people like this

Yeahhhhhh what do you plan to do regarding everyone who got pvp titles, weapon illusions (glorious tyranny, demonic tyranny), mounts, etc on greymane? It was more competitive and more popular imo, to get rid of all the things players were grinding for would be a rank 1 cuck.  At least let the enchants be account wide or something.

Edited by Hallicon
1 person likes this

4 hours ago, ZardiNAX said:

Officially Blizzard have restricted this challenge Only to the characters that played Legion in time.

As an example: I have a character who has not completed yet the Mage Tower in Legion, but has already been copied to BfA (due to - "Copy will be done on the 15th at midnight CET").

If I finish this challenge in Legion, will it be updated in BfA for this toon who has already copied. Or there is no way to do this, because it is copied without our consent before that achievement. 

Any idea and advise how we should proceed with that? Because we do want this pretty cool artifact appearance for transmog in BfA too. Just little information will be appreciated.

See my second suggestion in my previous post. If the suggestion gets rejected, you would be allowed to copy your character again but only once, in the future (after you have finished everything on legion). This in turn would mean that many players would refrain from playing BfA because we need to have the skins and if we level the already copied character(s), that means when we copy, we would have to level and gain the items all over again which will not happen.

21 hours ago, 3rturk1 said:

/nod

1 person likes this

On 13.3.2019 at 6:27 PM, 3rturk1 said:

but u don't though.. u donated and playd on greymane to bypass a bunch of stuff. the gear is irrelevant on BFA, since u have better gear from the first quests. u had plenty of oppetunity to get lvl 110's on firestorm sylvanas with boris and other promotions. u had so many custom stuff implemented on greymane that it simple just not fair to mix them with everyone else.
u had mount vendors, gear vendors, and custom rates on stuff. even implemented special events.
all of this would be transfered into the main population if it were transfered to the BFA realm. You do not deserve thoes mounts on your accountshare, u do not deserve thoes transmogs on accountshare. If u want to play BFA use a sylvanas char, or create a new one. I'm sorry but no more bypassing the game anymore.

On 13.3.2019 at 7:26 PM, ZardiNAX said:

its not copied yet, it will be copied in about 12 hours.. so u have time to do it still.. gogogo

give us pvp tourna

Edited by Mordzlol

5 minutes ago, Mordzlol said:

give us pvp tourna

Not planned at all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread cleaned.

Keep this place clean and  your insults for yourself.

read the rules and control yourself.

WILL SHOP BE AVAILABLE ON BFA? 

55 minutes ago, seppel0816 said:

WILL SHOP BE AVAILABLE ON BFA? 

Hello,

In the future a shop will become available for BFA, as for the content of the shop there is currently no information on this available. 

Thank you Alan :) 

7 hours ago, tweek said:

but u don't though.. u donated and playd on greymane to bypass a bunch of stuff. the gear is irrelevant on BFA, since u have better gear from the first quests. u had plenty of oppetunity to get lvl 110's on firestorm sylvanas with boris and other promotions. u had so many custom stuff implemented on greymane that it simple just not fair to mix them with everyone else.
u had mount vendors, gear vendors, and custom rates on stuff. even implemented special events.
all of this would be transfered into the main population if it were transfered to the BFA realm. You do not deserve thoes mounts on your accountshare, u do not deserve thoes transmogs on accountshare. If u want to play BFA use a sylvanas char, or create a new one. I'm sorry but no more bypassing the game anymore.

Excuse me but are you dumb? Yeah probably you are. You can simply donate in sylvanas too , buy 20x lootbox and get level 110 with boris or buy every single profession easily on Sylvanas too , and it's even easier to get professions up in sylvanas because Everything works in there , just log in to greymane and try to get 1 profession to 800 you will fail so hard i'm %100 sure about that. Playing on pvp realm doesnt mean we have to be thrown away like a piece of shit. So Don't compare with Sylvanas + Greymane , we have pvp templates all over the place and our legendaries dont even work. I don't want mounts or anything else i just want my character to be on BFA. They can delete my all mounts if they want to. So tell me the difference between Sylvanas and Greymane except mount vendors and 900 gear vendors? Next time when you gonna reply to me , please use your brain a little bit before saying something. PS: i bought my all transmogs so i deserve every single one of them. (which you can do that on sylvanas too) 

2 people like this