sethraliss The realm of Battle for Azeroth opens on March 16th!

56 posts in this topic

The closed Beta of Battle for Azeroth (BFA) has been launched on February 11, welcoming hundreds of players to try it in early access. We thank all of them for helping us fixing different types of issues along the weeks and it is now time to officially announce the Sethraliss realm!

The realm opens its doors on March 16 at 2:00pm CET

A whole new realm named Sethraliss will be available for Battle for Azeroth next week. If you wish to have a glimpse of the new expansion of World of Warcraft you can already participate to the open Beta available until Friday, 15 March. The realm of the open Beta will then be deleted, as well as any character progression done on the server.

Summary of the content

Account

Every character on Sylvanas will be copied to Sethraliss.

Players will keep all their gear along with a maximum of 10,000 golds per character.

Guilds will be saved but guilds' banks will be cleared out.

PvE

Two new allied races: Dark Iron Dwarf and Mag'har Orc.

Four fully available zones (the two last zones will be completed later).

Eight dungeons will be available at launch (the two last dungeons will be added later).

No raid at launch.

Addition of the heart of Azeroth.

PvP

Two new arenas will be available at launch, as well as a rework of arena.

War mode will include air supply drops and the Dueler’s Guild.

Prestige has been deleted and the maximum level of honor has been increased to 500 (honor is reset for every player of the realm).

Professions

Application of the professions rework.

Removal of the profession First Aid.

Other

New mounts, pets and items.

Get the collector mounts for free (Gilded Ravasaur and Seabraid Stallion) by logging in during the launch weekend.

Content to come

First raid

Mythic season

Arena season

World Bosses

Get Battle for Azeroth

To install the full client of Battle for Azeroth you will need 52 GB of free disk space. You will also need a torrent software (µTorrent, Bittorent or Transmission for Mac) to download the BFA client (version 8.0.1 28153).

You can also download BFA through the minimal client to enjoy the expansion more quickly or use the Firestorm launcher.

You can already download Battle for Azeroth to play on the open Beta or to be ready for March 16:

Download Battle for Azeroth

battle-for-azeroth-download-available-firestorm

Every character on Sylvanas (Legion) will be copied to the realm. On Sethraliss you will keep all of your gear and unlock content -only your gold will be lowered to start the new expansion.

Every character will be transferred with a maximum of 10,000 golds in their inventory. It will avoid giving some players an unfair advantage that would unbalance the realm's economy.

Guilds will be saved but the entire content of Guild's banks will be cleared out (items and golds).

You will have the opportunity to start the adventure with one of your already existing character from Sylvanas or from scratch with a whole new character.

On Battle for Azeroth the maximum level is 120 and every statistics of the game have been lowered (some items have also been deleted or edited): your characters and gear statistics will then all be lowered and some of your items may have been removed or edited (ex: mythic keystone or depleted items like artifact power tokens).

PvE Content - Player vs Environment

To start the main quest of Battle for Azeroth you will have to travel to the capital city of your faction: Stormwind and Orgrimmar. The first quest of the expansion will automatically launch once you arrive.

New races

Two new allied races come with Battle for Azeroth: Dark Iron Dwarf for the Alliance and Mag'har Orc for the Horde. Those two races will be immediately available and you will start at level 20 instead of level 1. Once you reach level 110 on the Dark Iron Dwarf or the Mag'har Orc you will receive a unique appearance set as well as the mount exclusive to this race.

New zones

Two new continents will be available in Battle for Azeroth, each with its own zones. On each continent, two zones out of three will be entirely available at the launch of Sethraliss:

Each available zone offers all of the quests (main & secondary), emissaries and world quests. Nevertheless, you can freely travel through Vol'dun and Stormsong Valley and set up the war campaign camp.

You will need to set up the 3 war campaign camps (one on each zone of the opposing faction) to get access to emissaries and world quests.

Vol'dun and Stormsong Valley will soon be entirely available.

Dungeons

At the launch of Sethraliss, 8 dungeons will be available (out of 10):

The dungeons King's Rest and Siege of Boralus will be added later when the rest of the war campaign will be available. You can watch the replays from the team's streams during the closed Beta here.

Raid

Raid is currently in development and will be added later. The available raid will be Uldir (first wing).

The heart of Azeroth

The heart of Azeroth is a new feature from Battle for Azeroth which use the same system as the Artifact weapon of Legion. You obtain it at the beginning of the expansion and you can upgrade it gradually during your progression by collecting azerite (more informations here).

PvP content - Player vs Player

Arenas

Two new arenas will be added with this expansion: Mugambala and Hook Point. The Nagrand arena will also get a rework.

The arena season will start with the launch of Mythic . No ranking will be available at the launch of Sethraliss.

War mode

War mode will be available in Battle for Azeroth with a few new features: air supply drop and Dueler's Guild. When this mode is active you get 10% of experience, reputation point, golds, azerite and war resources.

In war mode, a plane travels in the sky and regularly drops a crate full of rewards (only on BFA continents). Members of each faction then have to fight to get control over it in order to claim their personal loot (limited time).

The Dueler's Guild is a new PvP feature which allows 1v1 combats to obtain achievements. Go to Zuldazar for the Horde and Boralus for the Alliance to participate (more informations here).

Prestige and honor

Prestige has been removed in Battle for Azeroth and the honor level has been increased to 500. Now bound to the account, the honor level will be reset for every player.

Professions

The experience system of the professions got a rework in Battle for Azeroth: hence all players' professions levels will be copied and transformed accordingly. Every plans you learned will be kept.

The profession First Aid has been removed (talk to the instructors of Tailoring and Alchemy to find the recipes).

Classes and spells

Every class and spell were tested for several months and are now at a very advanced state. They are now currently in balancing phase (changelog BFA).

Other

Battle for Azeroth also have some new mounts, pets and items that you will discover in game.

Every player logging in during the launch weekend* of Battle for Azeroth will get the collector mounts Gilded Ravasaur of the Horde and Seabraid Stallion of the Alliance, for free (account bound).

*Offer available from Saturday, 16 March 2:00pm CET to Sunday, 17 March 11:59pm CET.

Content to come

First content update

Second content update

Third content update

Raid: Uldir (first wing)

Mythic season

Arena season

World Bosses

Dungeons: King's Rest and Siege of Boralus

Rest of war campaign chapters

Zones: Vol’dun and Stormsong Valley

Island Expeditions

Warfront

9 people like this

HYPE! And 1st! ^^
HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY OUR NEW INCOMING REALM
See you there

6 people like this

pog

im so exited <3

Looks awesome things are improving science closed beta.Hyped for live and new content

Will Transmog's be copied over? Spent a huge amount of time gathering appearances and wouldn't like to lose them all.

yea wow xD

HYPED for da boy Sethraliss!
Firestorm did a GREAT Job at this one! <3

only gold get lowered ? what about inventory and bank ?

1 person likes this

I have two questions if you do not mind. Will non-BoA non-BoA items be kept like mounts and sorts? Also, you said that one gets 10k gold per character. Does that mean if I have 10 characters with 10k gold on them (each), I get 100k on my entire account transfer?

Edit: I also forgot. I want to be able to farm the skins I am missing on legion before moving to BfA. Can I transfer my main character again after the copy?

Edited by Sam

Prestige has been removed in Battle for Azeroth and the honor level has been increased to 500. Now bound to the account, the honor level will be reset for every player. ?????

THIS FOR REAL ?

1 person likes this

GREAT JOB FIRESTORM!!!!!!!!!!!

" maximum of 10,000 golds per character."   ????????????????????????  I have more than 300k gold.. what will happen to my money? 

will the lordon scenarios then be complete as well as stormy winds?
Edited by cascoo

2 hours ago, Woldermort said:

" maximum of 10,000 golds per character."   ????????????????????????  I have more than 300k gold.. what will happen to my money? 

bro u worried about 300k gold ... some of us have 10m+ so what do WE do?!?!?!?

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Woldermort said:

Mythic season mean dungeons will be open in mythic or mythic + (keys) will be added ?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, voidelord said:

They said they don't want players with a lot of gold screwing up the economy. And what they mean by that is...they sell gold in the cash shop for real money! You starting to get the picture now?

2 people like this

no boris ?

14 minutes ago, sodapyah said:

no boris ?

If it's not mentioned in the main post, no. 

when will you fix burning of teldresill  questline 

Edited by ealianaderi13

18 hours ago, Sam said:

I have two questions if you do not mind. Will non-BoA non-BoA items be kept like mounts and sorts? Also, you said that one gets 10k gold per character. Does that mean if I have 10 characters with 10k gold on them (each), I get 100k on my entire account transfer?

Edit: I also forgot. I want to be able to farm the skins I am missing on legion before moving to BfA. Can I transfer my main character again after the copy?

yes all items will be copied over!
Yes between your chars. we have some limitations not disclosed to prevent exploits tho!

Yes but not planed at launch! We might open extra copies in the future!

5 hours ago, sodapyah said:

no boris ?

For those asking about Boris... No plans yet but i m sure he will want to visit BFA at some point!

8 hours ago, Woldermort said:

We are doing this due to Sylvanas inflation being screwd due to some gold exploits we had at the start of Legion!  This way everyone more or less will start at the same level! and we will monitor the gold in the realm closely to prevent said exploits if any is left

2 people like this

Awesome news, guys! After years of terrible back pains, can't wait to finally stand straight as an orc xD

I just want to know about the names: are we gonna have to confirm/rename at 1st login or the characters keep their names automatically?

1 person likes this

Thanks a lot of the information, @Bestial I appreciate it.

Will you consider my suggestion here:

A lot of the players want cool names on any realm start. Most of the those names are taken by people who are no longer active and if the copy goes, those inactive characters will reserve the names on the new realm. If you flag low level and/or inactive characters, that will allow the users to have the names.

2 people like this

Server rates plx