Attak Power: 36065

Weapon Dmg: 16395 - 24594

PvP-Power; 44,93%

Passive: 25% More dmg  http://de.wowhead.com/spell=12712/kampferfahrung

Test target: Warlock

Armor: 25.05% Physical dmg reduce

PvP-Resilence: 75%

Test: 1 Smash hit: 25658  2 Smash hit:  28959

Calculated dmg: http://de.wowhead.com/spell=1464/zerschmettern = 275% Weapon Power + 3427

maximum dmg; = 71060,5 + 25% = 88825,625 DMG       

(((88825,625 / 100) * 25) / 100) * 144,93 = 32183,74 DMG

(32183,74 / 100) * ~75 = 24137,80 DMG This is what the enemy player should take on dmg      

I am not sure if this is 100% right, if i forgott something or if i done something wrong pls tell me this i will edit this.

If this is right i will link it on bugtracker.            

2 people like this

+1 for that post, thanks.

BCeSdqt.png

click here!

Edited by Wtfhappened

PvP resil?Not in wod.

Just now, Firechaos said:

PvP resil?Not in wod.

this is in mop

2 hours ago, ilija said:

this is in mop

thought it was in wod by  his char, my bad

Almost.. Weapon Damage gets calculated differently. 

First you have to get the AP Bonus. AP gets converted into additional Weapon damage on spells like slam on a 1-14 scale.

Current AP / 14 * 3.3(the normalization coefficient for two-hand weapons) = AP coefficient.

After that you look at your Weapon Damage in your respective weapon's tooltip and take a number close to the middle between your min and max weapon damage.

This must be done, as Weapon Damage on abilities, behaves based on RNG, TL;DR: Pure AP damage will always hit for the same amount under the same circumstances, while Weapon Damage will always roll a number between the absolute minimum and maximum. Proceed with:

(APCoefficient+AverageWeaponDMG) * x (x = the Weapon Damage coefficient of the spell. In Slam's case on MoP 275% = 2,75) + 3427 

The summ of this calculation will give you a number that serves as the average damage the ability can roll. From there, you can start adding in the percentiles.

Start with damage increases, as those roll first, after that the entirety of the increased amount gets reduced by armor and resilience, so continue by reducing the number to the final, mitigated amount.

On another note, yes Arms damage has been too high and Dexlizqt found the problem, while I was lamenting over not finding the problem. 

Turns out, Seasoned Soldier is being applied to the sheet-weapon damage in your character window, thus effectively increasing an AWarr's effective Weapon Damage by roughly ~30k in most cases. On a Crit this amount would go up to 60k and with PvP power added, easily over 80k Bonus damage. This is what's causing Arms' insane pressure at the moment and the situation will be dealt with as soon as possible.