Sordnay

[Legion 7.3.5] Macintosh install

20 posts in this topic

Hi !

Ok so since everything doesn't work as intended, for you my fellow mac users, here's how you can play here on Legion 7.3.5 :

1. Download the whole game via Blizzard Launcher.
    The current game patch on retail is 7.3.5, so just let the Launcher do the job. The whole game is around 42GB.
  2. Open the game once, play the Blizzard Legion movie, until you reach the login page, then close it.
    This step allows the game to download the few missing required files to launch correctly.
  3. Download the Firestorm Launcher from the websitehttps://firestorm-servers.com/en/welcome/play and put it in your Applications.
  4. Inside the Firestorm Launcher archive you'll see the "Firestorm Launcher.app".
    1. If you can open it directly, go to Step 6.
    2. If you can't, go to Step 5.
  5. The Launcher might not work at first.
    You can have an error message saying the the file is fucked up and should be deleted (which is wrong, don't delete it), or you can also have a Launcher that tries to open but get stuck at "Download update". In both these situation, do as follow :
    1. Right click on "Firestorm Launcher.app"
    2. Show package content > Contents > MacOS > Firestorm Launcher (terminal file)
      This file is a Terminal script command. Open it, Terminal will start and read the comment, and the Firestorm Launcher will open without problem.
      You must always open your Firestorm Launcher this way. Thankfully, you can put the Terminal command directly in your dock, it'll work as a normal app, but you really have to use Terminal in order to open the Launcher. I don't know why, but hey, as long as it works...
  6. Now you have a full game from Blizzard, and a working Firestorm Launcher.
    Open the Firestorm Launcher, go to Legion, and under the giant blue button "Install" there's a little white link called "Already installed ?". Click it, select the folder where your game is installed, and let the Firestorm Launcher do his job. It'll set your game so that it can connect to Firestorm realms and everything working with it, and you can play.

So remember :
• Always use the Terminal command to open the Launcher.
• Always use the Launcher to open the game.

And of course, update your addons to 7.3.5 and all the shit Firestorm staff members already told you a million times.

Have fun !

3 people like this

Did all the steps you listed, once I click the play button and choose a language it freezes and never opens the game

2 people like this

I receive this one on my Mac (previous version run flawlessly).... Can someone help??

nolog.png

3 people like this

just change

SET portal "EU" 

by

SET portal "legion.logon.firestorm-servers.com"

in /WTF/FS735.wtf 

1 person likes this

Thanks!! It runs

Hi,

Is that launcher work with os 10.11.6?

Whatever I do Launcher wont open. I got a window with message  "FirestormLauncher quit unexpectedly." The same message when I try step 5.

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 19.08.18.png

1 person likes this

On 11/06/2018 at 10:34 PM, triga said:

just change

SET portal "EU" 

by

in /WTF/FS735.wtf 

That worked. You're my new hero.

Does this way work with windows? it would be great to just use bliz to download the client

I've done all the steps in the right way but when i open the launcher automatically start the legion client download (  and under the giant blue button "Install" there's not a little white link called "Already installed ? )  how can i fix it?

On 11. 6. 2018 at 5:25 PM, Vollstagg said:

I receive this one on my Mac (previous version run flawlessly).... Can someone help??

nolog.png

THX I got it awsome thx for patience.

On 6/11/2018 at 10:34 PM, triga said:

just change

SET portal "EU" 

by

in /WTF/FS735.wtf 

Confused on what this means/how to do this, new to the game

1 person likes this

On 2018.06.21. at 8:19 PM, Sremko said:

Hi,

Is that launcher work with os 10.11.6?

Whatever I do Launcher wont open. I got a window with message  "FirestormLauncher quit unexpectedly." The same message when I try step 5.

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 19.08.18.png

Same problem here.

On 11.6.2018 at 10:34 PM, triga said:

just change

SET portal "EU" 

by

in /WTF/FS735.wtf 

What??? can someone explain? still, have this issue... :(

On 27/05/2018 at 11:32 AM, dukemedic91 said:

Did all the steps you listed, once I click the play button and choose a language it freezes and never opens the game

same issue happens to me

@Sordnay 

Thank You for helping other players with this issue very awesome of you!

I was trying follow your instructions but I got this kind of problem.. does anyone know how can I fix it? thank for all 

Schermata 2020-03-31 alle 11.49.21.png

followed all these steps and everything is perfect except after I select the language it just sits there with the message and rainbow wheel spinning "You are setting your region to Americas/ You will not be able to play in other regions. Would you like to continue?"