Shelby

Question and Answers Session (Interview Style)

41 posts in this topic

Will you skip patches 7.2 and 7.2.5 and go straight to 7.3 or 7.3.5? If not, please consider to do so as it is much easier to script things once rather than multiple times due to spell changes and whatnot that usually come with which patch.

I am curious about old content on Sylvanas ? Would you consider improving this aspect of the game like old raids, dungeons quest chains etc ... ? I think improving these will help players to keep actually playing especially those who already achieved a good progress in end content and not wait until new raid releases to come.

2 people like this

I would like to know what you will do about the battle pets and battle pet system which is deactivaded in the Garrosh/Mists of Pandaria server. Not only me, but many other players like the battle pets and it's not possible to capture and battle with them anymore. Please, put the battle pets back in the game!

2 people like this

I would like to know when is going to return the test server in mop, or if it is just not going to return.

On 11.12.2017 at 5:57 PM, Masashi said:

When can we expect fix for Legion professions? Nodes and drop rates are all wrong and bugged...

Which drop rates?

Please increase your speed more than this at all times

The patch 7.2     7.2.5     7.3.0   argus

When Griftah will be really fixed on Sylvanas? If not what about adding his transmog head items on shop? But like ingame  only for rogues and for silver coins? Like 150 silver vote points one head item.

bonus question: When we will be able to change name on forum? Please make that possible cause I don't use this character name anymore (since pandashan elegon times)

Edited by Medrant

this is a list of quests that dont work. Question when this quests will be fixed?

LEATHER LEGWORK ID 40199

STAMPED STORIES ID 40191

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON ID 41708

A DESPERATE JOURNEY ID 40424

STARWEAVER'S FATE ID 40969

RAIN DEATH UPON THEM ID 41108

NOT THEIR LAST STAND ID 40949

DANGER: AUDITOR ESIEL ID 44118

STRENGTH OF THE PAST ID 40203

A HUNTER AT HEART ID 40216

VESTMENT OPPORTUNITY ID 40178

STORMHEIM SAVAGERY ID 40179

RATS! ID 40198

NAGA KNOW HOW ID 40189

A DARING RESCUE ID 40195

THE FREEDOM TO ROAM 40135

SCALES OF THE ARCANE ID 40207

SCALES OF THE SEA ID 40208

SCALES OF THE EARTH ID 40209

felhide gargantuan npc n 103675 cant be skinned and drop felhide sample id 40156

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, Tavari said:

Which drop rates?

Maybe I'm wrong about drop rates, but prospecting seems wrong. Most importantly, normal felslate deposits drop nothing... only rich ones work.

Edited by Masashi

Court of Stars soon? :D

Whene will you scipts the hunter rare pet's spirit beast's and mecano pet's and the siege of orgrimar on legion so as for the drenor raids and the last zone Tana and will the fly in legion will be a priority on the first upgrade realm or will it be like in legion on the shop

Siege of origmmar is not important. in legion they only focus on legion things it's important for us 

On 12/11/2017 at 2:51 AM, Cara said:

Hey. I was wondering what patch you going to make after 7.1.5? There is rumors that Firestorm will directly go to 7.3. However, I think 7.2.5 was 1 of the best patches, especially in the PvP aspect and it shouldn’t be skipped. I suggest to go to 7.2.5 first then later on jump to 7.3.

Kind Regards,

Cara

it will be  a total bullshit server if they go straith to 7.3

I have question about xmog system in new pvp server ? It will be like we have all xmog gear available to transmog or we will need to buy pieces from shop ?

We'll be taking no more questions, thank you to those who asked a question and we'll answer them on Discord on December 18th, 2017 at 4:00pm (server time)

• Cara asked: Hey. I was wondering what patch you going to make after 7.1.5? There is rumors that Firestorm will directly go to 7.3. However, I think 7.2.5 was 1 of the best patches, especially in the PvP aspect and it shouldn't be skipped.
    • Firestorm will indeed directly switch from 7.1.5 patch to 7.3. We know it's maybe not the best thing to do as far as progression is concerned, but developing a new patch takes time : network protocol changes, all classes spells / talents / traits changes, some general mechanics need to be reworked and it take months to update them, so unfortunately we can't afford to switch to 7.2.5 then 7.3. We want the next patch switch to be the last on Legion before BFA so we won't have to rework every class once again and we'll be able to keep our fixes in the future

• Tweek asked: What's the reasoning behind the prioritization of content progression over class fixes? several classes has been broken for 6+ months, where there has been a clear increase in content.
    • With every new patch, there are several spells, talents, pvp talents and more that get either slightly tweaked, or completely changed, which makes spell fixing a never ending task. PvE content on the other hand, never changes, so when we release a raid or dungeon, we know it will work virtually forever, and thus why lately, some prioritization has been made on PvE. On the other hand, it doesn't mean we're skipping spell fixes, we have developers working on them every day. The continuous release of changelogs, with the latest addition being a week ago, is a proof we're not forgetting major spells issues. With the upcoming 7.3 patch release, we'll switch back the focus on spell issues.

• Naisu asked: When we will see changes about mythic + depleted keys system ? When we gonna see downgrade for depleted keys?
    • Mythic Keystone dungeons will receive updates in Patch 7.3. The depletion mechanic will be removed for convenience (it have been removed on retail in patch 7.2.5).

• Appelpastei asked: That feature arrives with patch 7.2.5. Speaking of which, is there an eta release date of an updated patch after all the NH bosses gets released?
    • We plan to release the first wing of Nighthold early january and then release wing by wing every few weeks. If we keep up with this pace, 7.3 patch should be release around April

• Tweek asked: What will the state of the future patch be ? since it's basically a remake of the expansion, with many major changes, can we expect the content to be playable, or will the server "reset" to its previous state of newer patch, but older content?
    • With 7.3 patch release, we plan to focus all of our attention on class fixes for several weeks before the release so we can make sure players experience will be at least as good as it is right now. We'll also release it with the broken shore questline scripted and at least the cathedral of eternal night available.

• Alwint3r asked: I'm just curious on how you deploy the server. Do you deploy directly on the host machine or are you using container like Docker to deploy the server ?
    • We use continuous integration that builds docker images to deploy the new updates on our realms so yes, we're deploying them with docker.

• Manash114 asked: How are you going to implement Legion Pathfinder ? Is it going to be the same as Draenor Pathfinder?
    • We plan to make it available in-game when the broken shores questline and world quests are going to be available along with the 7.3 patch. We'll auto-complete some of the requirements, especially about Suramar since the full questline is not going to be available before a long time.

• Koles737 asked: Will you fix WoD and MoP raids and dungeons in the future ?
    • One developer has been assigned to backport all of our MoP and WoD raids and then fix old PvE content issues on Legion. So yeah, you can expect releases and fixes about the old content in the following weeks.

• Masashi asked: When can we expect fix for Legion professions ?
    • We are working on it, more fixes towards the professions will be available on the next changelogs! The current quest priority is to work on the Profession Questlines, next up is the Blacksmithing questline but because the professions might require cooperation with a spell dev, we will also work on the next Suramar questline at the same time. You can also expect Nomi (cooking) to be scripted for the next changelog

• Tideturner asked: From what you said earlier, I know that you're very reluctant on switching patches, with rescripting things and all. Here I assume that you'll be waiting for patch 7.3.5. Does that mean we're going to get level scaling in all zones ? And on another note, I have been wondering how does SmartAI and quest scripting work? SmartAI involves databases, but how does it distinguish values to convert them into actions that would otherwise be coded with direct code ? And do quests use SmartAI as well, or do they actually use C++ to describe requirements and conditions ?
    • We will most likely get the low level scaling asap as it would simplify the leveling experience by a ton. There are some current known bugs that will have to be fixed and there will definitely be unknown bugs and issues to tackle but its a priority.

Regarding SmartAI (Also called SAI for short), All Legion Quests and Most quests in all expansions have been scripted with SAI. As the main SQL dev, my policy is to script as many quests as possible, as blizzlike as possible, without bothering any of the Core Devs, the ones who script the raids, dungeons, spells and general issues. The more time they spend on helping me, the less time they are spending on bigger priorities like raids or spells.

SAI is done in the database, but what the numbers do is defined in Core, you can look at it as a program that allows people who don't know programming to script things.

• Tarsis asked: I would like to know what you will do about the battle pets and battle pet system which is deactivaded in the Garrosh/Mists of Pandaria server. Not only me, but many other players like the battle pets and it’s not possible to capture and battle with them anymore. Please, put the battle pets back in the game.
    • Battle pets aren't disabled, it was a temporary issue that is already fixed on Garrosh.

• TemospenaPT asked: I would like to know when is going to return the test server in mop, or if it is just not going to return.
    • We open public test realms only when we need them, for the moment it's not required. The main issue was that most of the players used it as a main realm and complains they lost theirs characters on it when we reset it, so we prefer keep it closed.

•  Medrant asked: When Griftah will be really fixed on Sylvanas ?
    • This NPC trades items for a currency that has been implemented in 7.2.5, we'll fix it when we'll change patch, along with the currency.

• Uskoplje1 asked: Court of Stars soon ?
    • The dungeon is almost finished, the QA and the dev team are doing the last tests and minor fixes. You can expect a release in early January.
  • Extralolz asked:  Will you be implementing Arena Spectator for Legion ? So we can see if someone does wintrade.
    • We're not planning to implement a real time Spectator, but a replay system that will allow anyone to see a match by using a simple command in game, only requiring the Arena match ID which can be found on the arena match history on our Website.

• Helgyrh asked:  For when is the next Cataclysm update and changelog ?
    • We plan to do the next cataclysm update in January.

• Hidetsukuo asked:  Are you recruiting game masters ?
    • Yes we are looking for game masters, please read the recruitment section on the forums to know the exact expansions. Once a slot is free, we do publish a topic about it, so… Stay tuned !

• Lots of People asked:  Is Firestorm planning to make tournaments for real money prize pool or stuff ? Like on old arena tournament.
    • We're about to make PvP Cups for 1v1 / 3v3 / BG. Rewards will be based on how important the cup is, so the rewards won't be always the same, it'll be discussed before we do prepare any cup... *Mystery*.

• Gabriëll asked: A lot of players from south america are having connection issues with the server since some days. Is there any kind of solution on the way? Lots of players cannot connect due to this.
    • The issue isn't on our own, but the ISP themselves from South-America. They're having big issues lately, so we can't tell the ETA of the issue. But you can connect on a proxy to avoid this issue, yet you'll have a bigger ping than usual. We're currently working on a solution from our side tho, to implement a transparent proxy that will have a better response time.

• Nosh asked:  Will you be releasing fun realms for the previous expansions, like Cataclysm / Wrath of the Lich King to get more players ?
    • We don't plan on making any fun server for older expansions simply because people don't play them anymore. The number of people asking for it isn't as high as you might think, so we would rather focus on more important stuffs