Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paokre4

[Declined] AFK punishment in BGs [In-game]

11 posts in this topic

Title: AFK punishment in BGs

Type: In-game

Description: 

Hello guys, since afk'ing in BGs is getting out of control nowdays i suggest a punishment to prevent this. Like: First offense:3 days account suspension, 2nd offense 7 days , 3rd offense 15 days etc.  Lately i've seen even 4 out of 10 people afking while i was on a premade group of 5, so 4/5 random players were afk. Please do something to STOP this cuz it's so frustrating. People abuse this to farm honor and loot.

Thanks in advance.

3 people like this

It's already out of control.

And that's the reason of me getting a break from Legion. And worst thing is when you report these players and report gets 'Declined'.

Playing good in BGs should increase your chance of getting a legendary. Objectives,HKs, Damage and healing done and so on..

That would motivate players to actually do their best instead of relying on others to get carried.

1 person likes this

It's getting declined because they dont break any rules. That's why afk player numbers keep growing and i strongly suggest this punishment. PvPers will understand the frustration and struggle trying to win with 2-3 afk people on their team.

I think they broke some rules by using Wpe tools in this case afk bots that join battlegrounds to farm honor and make the pvp a mess for those Who really play. I already made a suggestion bellow to make the anti-cheat system more aggressive and to auto-kick this Kind of players. Hope pvp will emprove in future,  but now in almost battleground i see an afk player and we have to carry them as doing 5 Man premade 

Apart from anti-cheat which doesn't work at all, they must strictly punish reported players who have 0 dmg/healing. I`m talking mostly about people who AFK, not for those who are botting. 

Edited by Paokre4

On 7/12/2017 at 1:22 PM, Paokre4 said:

Apart from anti-cheat which doesn't work at all, they must strictly punish reported players who have 0 dmg/healing. I`m talking mostly about people who AFK, not for those who are botting. 

only way to stop this by kicking any player who dont cast a spell on enemy target for 2min

1 person likes this

On 18/7/2017 at 0:15 PM, souna1000 said:

only way to stop this by kicking any player who dont cast a spell on enemy target for 2min

• While defending an objective, you might not encounter any enemies for a long time.
  • While playing a healer, you might not throw a spell on an enemy within two minutes, especially if you haven't encountered any enemies for some time before the fight began.
  • While waiting for the rest of your team at the boss in Alterac Valley, or while you try to sneak past enemies.
  • While moving back and forward amongst objectives.
  • While your team is dominating, but you stay with the orb carriers, so you can support them in case they are attacked by a stealth class or another enemy player, who has managed to sneak past your team, yet you don't encounter any enemies for a long time.
  • While using a vehicle to break gates.
  • When you have stormed the hangar, captured it, flown to the enemy base, dropped bombs at the gate, without encountering any enemy players.

I could think of more examples, but the point is that a player can very well be active without casting a spell on an enemy target during a specific time period. It isn't a proper way to determine whether someone is AFK. You might not even cast a spell on a friendly target within several minutes.

12 hours ago, Lagdyret said:
  • While defending an objective, you might not encounter any enemies for a long time.
  • While playing a healer, you might not throw a spell on an enemy within two minutes, especially if you haven't encountered any enemies for some time before the fight began.
  • While waiting for the rest of your team at the boss in Alterac Valley, or while you try to sneak past enemies.
  • While moving back and forward amongst objectives.
  • While your team is dominating, but you stay with the orb carriers, so you can support them in case they are attacked by a stealth class or another enemy player, who has managed to sneak past your team, yet you don't encounter any enemies for a long time.
  • While using a vehicle to break gates.
  • When you have stormed the hangar, captured it, flown to the enemy base, dropped bombs at the gate, without encountering any enemy players.

I could think of more examples, but the point is that a player can very well be active without casting a spell on an enemy target during a specific time period. It isn't a proper way to determine whether someone is AFK. You might not even cast a spell on a friendly target within several minutes.

i would add to it movement thing , if the player didnot move too will be deemed as afk , since he can move and defend a base , so moving will solve it 

9 hours ago, souna1000 said:

i would add to it movement thing , if the player didnot move too will be deemed as afk , since he can move and defend a base , so moving will solve it 

I am not sure what you mean. From your comment I can imagine at least two different meanings:

1. A player has to cast a spell on an enemy target and move.

The problem, which I addressed earlier, has not vanished since a player is still required to cast a spell on an enemy target. 

2. A player has to cast a spell on an enemy target or move.

If movement is sufficient enough to avoid being flagged as AFK then it won't change anything. There are currently many players who avoid being flagged as AFK by making their character move continuously or once in a while.

1 minute ago, Lagdyret said:

I am not sure what you mean. From your comment I can imagine at least two different meanings:

1. A player has to cast a spell on an enemy target and move.

The problem, which I addressed earlier, has not vanished since a player is still required to cast a spell on an enemy target. 

2. A player has to cast a spell on an enemy target or move.

If movement is sufficient enough to avoid being flagged as AFK then it won't change anything. There are currently many players who avoid being flagged as AFK by making their character move continuously or once in a while.

i mean the 2nd one , Well i dont have full idea but if i think in it i willl find a solution for Sure , I will Add a better solution later for this  , Problem is there is some bots that Spam keys or like that and has to be dealt with 

report AFK player work use it please.

1 person likes this