Sh|eld

[Declined] Anti Hack/Wpe System [In-game]

17 posts in this topic

Title: Anti Hack/Wpe System

Type: In-game

Description: 

Hello, I am sure most of the ppl in here that play day by day saw at least 1 guy using speed hack to cap the flags in any battleground or teleport hack and so on and really destroying pvp quility when the other team struggle to win without any tools. So i suggest the server to make the Anti Cheat system to prevent the bad guys using this tools tools . 

Cheers

2 people like this

Agreed.

Well, i didn't EVER saw someone cheat on Firestorm. Don't they already have an anti-cheat? if they dont, then im sure they considered this option at some point and just had reasons not to implement it.

We have an Anti-Cheat system in place which informs the Game Masters if it detects a cheater. (On all of our realms)

2 people like this

So why we still see ppl in battlegrouds using tp hack or speed hack capping flags, DrSandwich do more pvp, i see this hackers at least 1/day in battlegrouds. Misahky pls check this post, i made a report in bug tracker but its something new that came after last update: 

Yes, they have anti-cheat but. It hates demon hunters. whenever i want fast cap flag it kicks me from the server. Why?! because  i use my fel rush 2x times in row + using double jump and this system thinks that i am hacker. Please fix it or implement new anti-cheat.

When it comes to flags - i hate demonhunters. Mostly on TwinPeaks. They take the Alliance's flag and glide through half of the map.

On 06/05/2017 at 5:07 PM, DrSandwich said:

Well, i didn't EVER saw someone cheat on Firestorm. Don't they already have an anti-cheat? if they dont, then im sure they considered this option at some point and just had reasons not to implement it.

have a look at the latest player report i have mate you'll see cheating/hacking.

On 7. 5. 2017 at 10:58 AM, DrSandwich said:

When it comes to flags - i hate demonhunters. Mostly on TwinPeaks. They take the Alliance's flag and glide through half of the map.

Yes and now I have 30d ban for this

4 minutes ago, ckoro said:

Yes and now I have 30d ban for this

They should disable gliding when you hold the flag and not ban people for that, lol.

On 6/2/2017 at 4:02 PM, Sh|eld said:

bump

You don't need to "bump" it. They already answered you. There's currently a working anti-cheat system, yet, it doesn't auto-ban players. Game Masters get notified and they have to manually check the suspected player, gather evidence that he's hacking, then inform him that he will be banned then eventually suspend his account. The reason why you're probably seeing hackers is timezone. Those so called hackers probably start their hacking when there's no Game Master online. In that case you're the one who's supposed to take an evidence then report him. 

1 person likes this

On 2017. 06. 23. at 3:24 PM, Yelawølf said:

You don't need to "bump" it. They already answered you. There's currently a working anti-cheat system, yet, it doesn't auto-ban players. Game Masters get notified and they have to manually check the suspected player, gather evidence that he's hacking, then inform him that he will be banned then eventually suspend his account. The reason why you're probably seeing hackers is timezone. Those so called hackers probably start their hacking when there's no Game Master online. In that case you're the one who's supposed to take an evidence then report him. 

It was not a question, i just suggested to make the anti-cheat system more agressive, like to put the player Who Is using any wpe/hack tools to sleep and disconnect them when they try to use them without make them enter battlegrounds and ruining the gameplay of other players. And believe me this will improve the gaming if this kind of ppl are kicked out every time they try to use these hacking tools. Cheers 

Edited by Dallaryen
english fixes

16 hours ago, Sh|eld said:

It was not a question, i just suggested to make the anti-cheat system more agressive, like to put the player Who Is using any wpe/hack tools to sleep and disconnect them when they try to use them without make them enter battlegrounds and ruining the gameplay of other players. And believe me this will improve the gaming if this kind of ppl are kicked out every time they try to use these hacking tools. Cheers 

Indeed, that's actually happening. I forgot to mentioned it but the anti-cheat system does auto kick hackers from the server. Yet, there must be a Game Master online for that feature to work (as that feature is integrated into an add-on that Game Masters use but not the server itself.). Yet, there's a threshold for the hackers to reach before being kicked. That threshold is made for a reason which is to avoid kicking the wrong players who does not cheat but having some lag (the anti cheat does detect them as hackers because the miss-sync. So it does take a while for hackers to be kicked. 

1 person likes this

There is no aditional add-on needed for that feature Yellawolf, it just need to be set a bit more agressive, i can provide some evidence from a server who is using this in  auto mode and it detects any program that interacts with wow.exe, but i will not post it here unless an admin is interested and wants to see it.

It would be very positive to look for options to supplement the antihack system. Cheaters find the ways to avoid detection, and this is a constant race to keep cheats at a minimum.

On 6/27/2017 at 7:05 PM, Sh|eld said:

There is no aditional add-on needed for that feature Yellawolf, it just need to be set a bit more agressive, i can provide some evidence from a server who is using this in  auto mode and it detects any program that interacts with wow.exe, but i will not post it here unless an admin is interested and wants to see it.

Read again what I said. The server doesn't auto kick players. The addon does that. It calculate reports made against a player (Reports are generated automatically through desyncs. That can happen through cheating or having a high latency.) The addon role is to kick the player when he reaches a threshold (already set up by GMs). 

So it's like this:

1- Anti cheat system generate X reports of the player Y.

2- The addon checks if X > threshold.

3- If the above is true, the addon kicks the player Y from the server.

Edited by Deak07@outlook.com