Xalatadu

MAC users/ launcher keeps quitting unexpectedly (FIXED) [Launcher]

6 posts in this topic

Title: MAC users/ launcher keeps quitting unexpectedly

Type: Launcher

Description: 

1. Open a Terminal 
2. Open your "Wolrd of Warcraft" with right click and select the "Show Package Content" option.
4. Open the Contents/MacOS folder.
4. Type into your terminal "chmod u+x "(space is important!)
5. Grab and pull your World of Warcraft from MacOS folder.
5. The whole command should looks like after this: "chmod u+x /Users/username/Downloads/World\ Of\ Warcraft\ Wotlk\ mac/World\ of\ Warcraft.app/Contents/MacOS/World\ of\ Warcraft"
6. Press Enter, if you got no error you can run your World of Warcraft without any problem!

Game Master Xalatadu.

Edited by Xalatadu
1 person likes this

Hi, I don't have any path like this chmod u+x /Users/username/Downloads/World\ Of\ Warcraft\ Wotlk\ mac/World\ of\ Warcraft.app/Contents/MacOS/World\ of\ Warcraft in my computer I have only FirestormLauncher no any World Of Warctaft Wotlk. Than you for help

On 4/8/2017 at 6:41 PM, Xalatadu said:

Title: MAC users/ launcher keeps quitting unexpectedly

Type: Launcher

Description: 

1. Open a Terminal 
2. Open your "Wolrd of Warcraft" with right click and select the "Show Package Content" option.
4. Open the Contents/MacOS folder.
4. Type into your terminal "chmod u+x "(space is important!)
5. Grab and pull your World of Warcraft from MacOS folder.
5. The whole command should looks like after this: "chmod u+x /Users/username/Downloads/World\ Of\ Warcraft\ Wotlk\ mac/World\ of\ Warcraft.app/Contents/MacOS/World\ of\ Warcraft"
6. Press Enter, if you got no error you can run your World of Warcraft without any problem!

Game Master Xalatadu.

Hi, I do every step You say here, and got no error, but still launcher keeps quitting unexpectedly. I try download again, do same things and every time is the same, launcher quit. Is there any other solution?

Thx

at this moment my launcher does not launch ... just says looking for update ... never had that before

I Have some problems with mac client, since i try ask for help in many post and all of them are close, for some reason people from this server are never able to help the players o spend money in this server... atleast you pay 13euros in blizz and you have full support from them.

Is just shameful what happen in Firestorm, many of this content are free for everyone.... but whats happen with people o spend some realmoney in this server???? THEY DESERVE HELP OR NOT? 

So for the last time please help me, just look to my case in this "CLOSE POST" 

thanks

Hello everyone.

As we have mentioned before we do not provide support for mac Users. I wanted to help the mac users and i tried to create this guide and it works for some people but it doesn't for others. So please understand us that we cannot help all Mac users.

Regards,

Game Master Xalatadu.