Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VerneAsimov

[MoP][MW] Using the legendary meta gem proc

1 post in this topic

The LMG proc is actually quite huge for mistweaver. On retail, getting the LMG meant that your spirit requirements significantly dropped to the point where some felt comfortable getting the minimum spirit necessary (5100 to cap hit/expertise). On Firestorm, it seems that it has a lesser impact because of our already precarious mana situation. There are a lot of ways to use the four second proc.

• One way is to spam surging mist which would give you free chi and heal quite a bit if you can find an injured raid member.
  • Another is to use your normal healing spells, prioritizing mana intensive spells like spinning crane kick among others (SCK is my #1 mana consumer, having a free one every now and then is amazing). Renewing mist and SCK are good choices since they tend to use the most mana.
  • My favorite way to use it is to use jab which is one of the main reason why the LMG reduces our spirit cap. When you use jab, you gain a buff that returns 4% of mana when you use Blackout Kick or Tiger Palm. Normally, jab costs 8% mana so this just reduces your mana spent if you combo them (net gain -4%). With the LMG, your net mana gain is 4%; you get free mana in short. This also means fistweaving is amazingly cheap nowadays. This combined with our ridiculous mana tea and chi brew means mana is never an issue (not like it was even before the LMG).

I recommend getting an aura tracker in a very visible location. The buff is so short so taking advantage of it as soon as it procs is highly recommended.